PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Mould Master Question

Ole Joe Clarke
03-01-2016, 10:06 AM
My old Lyman will not maintain temperatures hot enough to pour bullets or boolits. :-) Replacement parts are not available.

Titan has a Lee 110 volt thermostat replacement part for their pots. Has anybody tried replacing the Lyman thermostat with the Lee part? If you have, what were the results? I would like to get the Lyman going again if possible and this would be a cheap method if it works.

Thanks,

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Southerngunner
03-01-2016, 06:23 PM
I hope this helps http://orders.ppe.com/odr/rbpperetail.htm?p-part=B-200 I believe it would be better than trying to adapt the Lee thermostat good luck. The cord connection is also a good place to check connections, if your pot looks like this 162414 the above thermostat should work

PbHurler
03-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Joe,
I don't know if this will help or not, but I had an older Lyman Mag 20 furnace and it also was having issues attaining the proper temps. I found the removable power cord had fatigued and didn't make good contact with the prongs on the pot. I replaced the power cord & was back in business.

I don't know if this is the type of furnace you have or not but, if so check the firmness of the attachment of your power cord.

Sadly, my Lyman Mag 20 finally gave up the ghost this year after 35 years of yeoman service. I can't complain.