PDA

View Full Version : Jeff ward

rl69
02-28-2016, 09:28 PM
I call on y'all for help. a realy close friend of mine is unsaved.jeff ward. I ask for your prayers, for the lord to draw him.

jcren
02-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Prayer sent

USMC87
02-28-2016, 11:17 PM
We will be praying for the power of GOD to be manifest in Jeff's life!

Boaz
02-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Lord please help Jeff , please help him find you . Give rl69 the words to council his friend , be with him as he try's to guide Jeff . Lay it on Jeff's heart to find you . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

Boaz
03-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Please help this man Lord . Put it on his heart to find you . I pray he lays down the distractions around himself and listens to you and those that care about him . Thank for your grace for without it we would all be lost . In Jesus name I ask it. Amen

Blackwater
03-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Prayers up, but please note that Jeff has to be the one to open the door, and it's his free will whether to do that or not. One's free will is something even God won't mess with. He just stands at the door and knocks, but it's up to the occupant whether to open the door or not. However, I think there are times, like when folks pray for someone like you describe, that God CAN cause things to happen that tend to make people think. Will be praying for that.

NavyVet1959
03-05-2016, 07:59 AM
So, this is your way to publicly shame him or something? Texas used to be a place where we minded our own business and didn't stick our noses in our neighbor's business.

Boaz
03-05-2016, 08:18 AM
So, this is your way to publicly shame him or something? Texas used to be a place where we minded our own business and didn't stick our noses in our neighbor's business.

Doesn't even deserve a response let alone an explanation.

NavyVet1959
03-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Doesn't even deserve a response let alone an explanation.

Fat shame...
Skinny shame...

Now, religious shame?

Sorry, but I just don't understand it. It's their life, let 'em live it the way they want as long as they're not hurting anyone else in the process.

buckwheatpaul
03-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Heavenly Father, I know that no one can be saved unless they come to You through Jesus who died for us. I ask that you interceed on the behalf of Jeff Ward and bring him unto You. Please work within him so that he can see the beauty of Your promise. Father all is possible through you....Please help Jeff Ward. Amen!

Boaz
03-05-2016, 09:12 AM
God please stay with Jeff and guide him . Clear his mind and help him out of his present situation . Give him the strength to change his life. In Jesus name I pray . Amen

rl69
03-05-2016, 09:13 AM
There is no shame in the way he chooses to live his life. He is my best friend I truly love the man and want the best for him. The bible teaches that if two or more ask in his Jesus's name it will be granted. All I'm asking for is the lord to draw Jeff to him if Jeff wants to open the door it's up to him

NavyVet1959
03-05-2016, 09:18 AM
There is no shame in the way he chooses to live his life. He is my best friend I truly love the man and want the best for him. The bible teaches that if two or more ask in his Jesus's name it will be granted. All I'm asking for is the lord to draw Jeff to him if Jeff wants to open the door it's up to him

But do you think he will still be your friend if he was to see that you had posted his name on this site and basically shamed him for not being your version of religious?

Luke 6:31

rl69
03-05-2016, 09:35 AM
I'll ask him.

rl69
03-05-2016, 09:39 AM
I'll ask him. But I just don't see this shame your talking about?

NavyVet1959
03-08-2016, 08:37 AM
I'll ask him. But I just don't see this shame your talking about?

Maybe it's nothing, but I could see how it could come across as that. Hopefully he doesn't see it that way -- I would hate for you to lose a good friend over what you probably meant as a well-intentioned posting on net.

Regardless of the possible issue of "religion shaming", there are people who are concerned with their security and do not post their name on the internet. Assuming that you subscribe to the belief in an absolutely omnipotent deity (not every Christian sects does from what what I've heard), you could have just said you would like everyone to pray for "a good friend of mine, let's call him Jim-Bob". Surely an omnipotent deity would be able to know who everyone was praying for, right? It's not like he's going to return the prayers labeled "addressee unknown", right? :)

All joking aside though... Good luck to you and your friend...

buckwheatpaul
03-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Father please bring Jeff Ward unto You. Show him how wonderful his life can be when he learns to turn his problems over to You. Show him how You are there walking with him when life gets tough. Allow our prayers to bring Jeff to work and open the door for him to step through by accepting Jesus. In Your Name I pray. Amen

Boaz
03-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Father please bring Jeff Ward unto You. Show him how wonderful his life can be when he learns to turn his problems over to You. Show him how You are there walking with him when life gets tough. Allow our prayers to bring Jeff to work and open the door for him to step through by accepting Jesus. In Your Name I pray. Amen

Thank you Paul , I am using your prayer for Jeff.

Half Dog
03-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Thank you for wording a prayer. Amen.

I would not feel shamed if someone wanted to help ensure that I had eternal happiness. By asking, it shows that rl69 cares about someone and that is something I can easily support.

Blackwater
03-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Maybe it's nothing, but I could see how it could come across as that. Hopefully he doesn't see it that way -- I would hate for you to lose a good friend over what you probably meant as a well-intentioned posting on net.

Regardless of the possible issue of "religion shaming", there are people who are concerned with their security and do not post their name on the internet. Assuming that you subscribe to the belief in an absolutely omnipotent deity (not every Christian sects does from what what I've heard), you could have just said you would like everyone to pray for "a good friend of mine, let's call him Jim-Bob". Surely an omnipotent deity would be able to know who everyone was praying for, right? It's not like he's going to return the prayers labeled "addressee unknown", right? :)

All joking aside though... Good luck to you and your friend...

You're right, of course, Vet, but that's man's way of looking at it. I've seen MUCH more miraculous things happen. The power of prayer isn't consistent, because the recipients of them is so inconsistent, but when we pray for someone like this, WE always get something from it ourselves, provided we stay humble enough to recognize the source of all our strength, and of the strength in prayer.

No put down intended here at all. Just a casual note on a fine point.

NavyVet1959
03-08-2016, 07:57 PM
You're right, of course, Vet, but that's man's way of looking at it. I've seen MUCH more miraculous things happen. The power of prayer isn't consistent, because the recipients of them is so inconsistent, but when we pray for someone like this, WE always get something from it ourselves, provided we stay humble enough to recognize the source of all our strength, and of the strength in prayer.

But isn't it just a bit presumptuous of men to think that they can talk (pray) to their deity and convince him to do something that he wasn't going to already do in the first place? Do men really believe that they are going to change his mind? We find it difficult enough just trying to change a *woman's* mind!

Boaz
03-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Lord be with Jeff as he tries to figure this out. Help him to make a change although it's hard . Protect him and guide him . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

rl69
03-09-2016, 07:52 AM
But isn't it just a bit presumptuous of men to think that they can talk (pray) to their deity and convince him to do something that he wasn't going to already do in the first place? Do men really believe that they are going to change his mind? We find it difficult enough just trying to change a *woman's* mind!

jesus said in Matthew 18:19
"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
Can't your kids change your mind if they ask ?

rl69
03-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Update

I told Jeff about the thred his first response was " ant nobody going to call me? " I said God hopefully. then he said somthing that suprised me " I need it " I was expecting I don't give a f***

so I will contine to pray and try to be a example

Preacher Jim
03-09-2016, 11:48 AM
RL69 a woman asked her church to pray for her husband that he would just come to church with her, for 8 years that man was on the church prayer list. one day his friend who had seen the name on the list and resisted saying any thing to him because he was a mean fellow. asked him if life was so rough and he was having so much trouble his way, why did he not try God's way, that night he accepted Christ as his savior. never give up and go when the Lord whispers it time to ask the question.

exile
03-09-2016, 11:52 AM
"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40 (E.S.V.)

exile