PDA

View Full Version : 45-200 H & I Lee clone FIX

randyrat
02-27-2016, 09:40 PM
H & G 68 Clone by Lee
Kinda looks like something got under the plate also.
Yeah I abused it because I was in a hurry and I tightened it instead of loosening the screw ..
How do i fix this?

I tried to loosened up the sprue plate screw to put some anti seize on it too late and snapped it off.

There is a replacement mold coming, but meanwhile can I drill enough to use a (easy out), then what size do I replace it with? I don't have any screws like the one that was in there (original screw had a shoulder)

jcren
02-27-2016, 10:24 PM
The skrew was a left hand (the LH above the size) so an easy out will not work. Just drilling it may back the screw out, and I would drill and tap to a standard thread.

randyrat
02-28-2016, 12:06 AM
You mean to tell me it was not a Lefty Loosy/ righty tighty screw?

jcren
02-28-2016, 01:14 AM

Yep. Happens to the best of us.

SSGOldfart
02-28-2016, 01:30 AM
Hmmmm just isn't right:holysheep for a product that is made in America to have LH threads unless it's used for gas.....

Seeker
02-28-2016, 08:35 AM

Most of the Lee sprue plate screws are right loose and left tight. Most of mine are and I thought they ALL were...............but uhh uhh. The last mold I got, and it has the new line up pins (you know, the ones that come loose and have to be peened to hold them in?) It's sprue plate screw is lefty loosely, righty tighty.I've been meaning to contact Lee about it and ask why.

It's a 452-252 swc.

randyrat
02-28-2016, 09:03 AM
L H = Left Hand thread

Some peoples kids, I am kinda upset at myself for not noticing this.