PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Armory M1 Grand

schutzen
04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge about the Fulton Armory reworked M1's? Are they good, bad , indifferent? I have been offered one, but I am unfamiliar with this particular rebuilder.

Thanks,

Schutzen

trooperdan
04-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I have one and I think it was well worth the $700 it cost me. It started as a Korean re-import "Blue Sky" special. Blue Sky was the importer of some really clapped-out carbines and Garands back in the 80's. It needed a new barrel, stock and a few other bits. Fulton will do yopu right and only replace what needs it.

garandsrus
04-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Schutzen,

The CMP is offering Garands again... You might use theirs as a comparison. I have seen several Fulton Garands at Camp Perry, and they do look nice. I don't know of anyone that has one though.

John

mike in co
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
i know nothing about the fulton armory garands.

i do know that fulton armory ruined the high power board on the old shooters board.
i know that fulton armory produced rifles they called competition versions of ar's for cmp/dcm matches.....that were not competitive, nor correct for the matches.

lots of hype.........not much substance.

mike in co

Johnw...ski
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
If the rifle looks to be in good condition, especially the barrel, and the price is right, get it.

On the other hand if the price is right and it needs some work it still could be a good deal, I don't mind working on my rifles. I presently have an M1 Garand that came from the CMP or DCM whatever they called themselves in the early 1980's.
Just got around to seriously shooting this year, and was not happy with the grouping at all. I made sure the front handguard wasn't touching the gas cylinder,
the op rod wasn't rubbing anywhere, and glass bedding the stock. Still erratic groups, the barrel loked fine, shiny all the way through. Finally I looked at what I could see at the muzzle end of the barrel using a loupe and a good light. Well that shiny barrel had little tiny pits all over the place.

As the man said "the only interesting rifle is an accurate rifle". I sent the barreled action to DGR in Tenn. and had the barrel replaced for around $450. This rifle is now shooting 100 yd. groups from the bench, of 1". This is with the origional iron sights, and not one group at least five 5 shot groups.

Some rifles take more work than others, but as they say, "the only interesting rifle is an accurate rifle".

John