PDA

View Full Version : Ruger GP100 Match Champion

AK Caster
02-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Anyone own one? How do you like it? How is the trigger and action? It is on my short list of the next revolver to buy and was wondering if the action was as good as some as the reviews.

Kraschenbirn
02-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Got mine a couple months ago and, so far, really like it. Out-of-box DA is pretty good but, once I've put another couple hundred rounds through it, I plan to polish the internals and install a spring kit, anyway...guess I've been spoiled by my older series S&Ws. SA trigger is superb; around 2# let-off with absolutely no creep. No issues with accuracy either though mine does seem to prefer 'stouter' loads...like 158 gr. +P .38 Spls over 'mid-range' 148 gr. WCs.

Bill

Mica_Hiebert
02-29-2016, 11:32 PM
I like mine, feels very smooth, my buddy had a smith rework his standard gp100 trigger and it beats my match champion but his is going back for light primer strikes so not sure what it will be like when it comes back.

lightload
03-01-2016, 12:01 AM
My lgs has two--with and without sights--for $750.00. He's had these for months, and I may make an offer. Various reviews have not shown them to be superbly accurate but good enough. My opinion is that Doug's work on chamber throats and muzzle(crowning)would convert these revolvers to tack drivers with cast bullet, especially heavy ones. An appealing feature is that Ruger trimmed a few ounces from them. A lighter trigger return spring might be the better approach to reducing trigger pull.

warboar_21
03-01-2016, 11:19 AM
I bought one a year ago. Like it a lot. I do need to open up the cylinders though. They are a bit tight and don't do so well with my wadcutters.