PDA

View Full Version : Old model superblackhawk

snoopy
02-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Can anyone point me to a source for the original rear sight blade, I believe it is a semi buckhorn with a very thin opening, thanks. Ruger, no.

contender1
02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
I own a few OM Supers,,, and I'll lok at them to see what the blade looks like. If I recall correctly, they are all black, and have a dimple on one side to slip into a matching slot on the top of the sight base. They were not a buckhorn design at all. Flat & square. Also, is your sight base marked "Micro" by chance?

snoopy
02-26-2016, 11:39 PM
contender, I'm not sure if there is a "micro" marking or not, low light in here now. The gun belongs to my stepdad and he lost the whole assembly a few years ago, purchased a replacement, which has a square with white outline blade. He swears it had a v or semibuckhorn with a very thin opening. And in my search I have seen these but can't find them now.

contender1
02-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Ok, there was a V-notch rear blade insert that was originally offered for the Redhawk,,, and it can fit in other bases. I know,,, I purchased several of them from Ruger years ago & installed them on many of my guns.
If you have a base that came with the white outline,,, it's not a "Micro" marked very early sight base.
If you can get a picture of the rear sight base assy,, detailed, to where I can see if it has the dimple notch,,, I might be able to help! Take the picture as if viewed from directly over the top, straight down.

snoopy
02-27-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry, I'm struggling with this new windows 10 and being able to upload photos. The base doesn't have a white outline but the blade does. It doesn't say "micro" anywhere that I can see. I'll keep trying with the photo.

contender1
02-27-2016, 11:03 PM
The white outline on the blade indicates a later production. But I need to know if the base has the notch cut out for the dimpled blade or not.

kidmma
02-27-2016, 11:13 PM
My Old Model Super has a square black notch. 1969