PDA

View Full Version : Crosman MAX PRECISION Airsoft BB's for PC...???

NYBushBro
02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Gentlemen (and ladies...) - It seems that the Crosman HIGH IMPACT .25g bb's are getting harder to find, so I picked up their new product: Crosman MAX PRECISION .25g bb's.

My question is whether anyone has used these for 'shake and bake' PC... and how did they compare to the High Impact (as far as getting the powder to stick to the boolits)?

Rather then open them and find they are inferior, I was hoping that someone here could give me some info on how they performed.

RustyReel
02-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Good question. Got my first 1K BB's from Smoke with a powder order. Work great. Wanted some more and like you, looked all over the place for some of the magic black ones. Ordered 5k thru wallyworld and they are the MAX BB's. (I didn't know there was a difference). They didn't seem to work as well as Smoke's but I thought it was just the different powder that I was using. Did a very unscientific test today after seeing your thread, both types of BB's with same powder. The MAX work but they did not seem to work as well as the original 1k I received. Looks like spots of powder knocked off the boolits and I have a hard time getting 100% coverage.

Washed off some of the original Smoke BB's and they seem to have a somewhat duller/less slick coating then the MAX. Can't remember if that is the way they were originally or if that is just from using them a while.

LenH
02-25-2016, 06:11 PM
I see airsoft BBs from Academy sports made by Crossman 6mm .25 gram and are called Ultra Heavy. I am new to the powder coat game and just got powder
and BBs from Smoke. So I haven't dipped a toe in the waters just yet. Academy wants $6.99 for 2K Bass Pro at the Pyramid in Memphis wants $14 for the same bottle.

I was just searching the web and found bulk bbs at Pyramid Air. There are several different black 6mm .25 gram bbs for $10 for 5K. Like I said I am new to this game
and don't know the difference just yet.