PDA

View Full Version : A friend having his head drilled.

davidheart
02-23-2016, 07:59 PM
I just got notification of a friend of mine going into surgery tomorrow morning. He slipped about a month ago and hit his head on the concrete. When he got back up he had some bleeding but it healed over. Shortly afterward he began having some severe headaches. Eventually he visited the doctor and they did a scan on him. It turns out he has internal brain bleeding. Tomorrow morning they'll be drilling a couple holes in his head to relieve the pressure and drain the blood.

Please pray for Roland's safe surgery and recovery.

jcren
02-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Prayers sent. I had surgery for the same thing 6 weeks ago, not as bad as it sounds, but he will be a while recovering.

shoot-n-lead
02-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Prayer sent for Roland.

4719dave
02-23-2016, 09:34 PM
sending a prayer ..I had a ladder ride to the ground 16ft up hit back and head on the floor ..omg hurt like hell ..figured I use up one life on that one I got really lucky ..

Bodydoc447
02-24-2016, 12:23 AM
Prayers sent for Roland's healing.

Boaz
02-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Lord help Roland . Be with his family as they go through this with him . Please give Roland a quick recovery Lord . Stay with them . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Blackwater
02-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Prayers for your friend here.

w5pv
02-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Prayers sent.

Hickok
02-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Lord help Roland . Be with his family as they go through this with him . Please give Roland a quick recovery Lord . Stay with them . In Jesus name I ask it . AmenAnd Amen!

wch
02-24-2016, 07:46 PM
God bless Roland and keep him safe.

davidheart
02-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Got a message regarding Roland. He came out of surgery and is recovering perfectly fine! They were able to bore the holes and drain most of the blood. He's in the hospital recovering.

Thank y'all for your prayers!

buckwheatpaul
02-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Father, I am asking you to come to the aid of Roland and help the physicians, nurses, and health professionals to devise a proper treatment for his serious head injury. Father guide these medical professionals and be with them during the surgery. Please remove all the fear and allow Roland to come to You and let You place your loving arms around him. In Your Name I pray. AMEN

USMC87
02-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Thank GOD for answered prayer.

Boaz
02-25-2016, 07:21 AM
Thank you for the update on Roland . Praise GOD !

Thank you Lord for helping Roland . Thank you . Please speed his recovery and make things a easy as possible for him and his family . Thank you for being with us Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

buckwheatpaul
02-25-2016, 08:05 AM
davidheart, thanks for the updates on Roland. Praise God for his improvement!

Ballistics in Scotland
02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
A subdural haematoma can be caused just by violent acceleration or deceleration of the brain, tearing small blood vessels. But Surgeon-Colonel La Garde, of the Thompson-La Garde Chicago stockyard trials which led to the adoption of the .45ACP, is very interesting on injuries to the skull.

Even in Civil War statistics, fracture of the inner and outer tables of the skull without depression produced a much higher death rate, 64.6% than depressed fractures, which the doctors could see they had to do something about. The death rate of 8.7% for fractures thought to affect the outer table alone was surprisingly good by mid-19th century standards - the snag in pre-X-ray days being that only an autopsy might confirm the diagnosis. The highest death rate for injuries which left much of the skull intact, at 95%, was for injuries to the inner table alone. That was higher than the rates for wounds in which a missile remained inside the skull, or entered and left it in different places. I've seen it suggested that Lincoln might have been better off if they had dragged a young surgeon-lieutenant in off the street.

The reason unrecognized damage to the inner table of the skull is so dangerous, is that bone fragments damaged the dura, or brain membrane and blood vessels, permitting a mass of blood to accumulate inside or outside it. Col. La Garde considered that where there was a possibility of such damage, there could be no disadvantage in the removal of a half-inch disc of skull with a trephine or holesaw to find out. I believe there is a small subculture of people who perform trephination on themselves with a local anaesthetic, with no form of injury. Whatever turns you on, I suppose.

This is the sort of situation which has the heroes of westerns getting to their feet, muttering "Only creased me", and continuing to fight the good fight. People sometimes do respond to head wounds to that way, short-term, and not always such superficial ones. But it can easily go very wrong. In some jurisdictions there must be a temptation to ignore what seems like a near escape in a firearms accident. I don't know what happens when a concealed carry permit holder bounces a bullet off the skull of someone who is disposed to forgive. But neglect can be most unwise.

davidheart
02-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Just an update. The surgeons said his surgery was very textbook with no complications. Roland is still in ICU. They have tubes in his head and the blood is still draining.

When the blood stops they'll be able to remove the tubes and they'll continue monitoring him for a couple days. Then he'll finally be able to come home.

There also seems to be some strife going on within his family at the moment.

Please continue to pray for his continued recovery and his family.

buckwheatpaul
02-25-2016, 09:21 PM
davidheart, That is great news...prayers are sent....this worry is one that you can dump and continue to help unclutter your mind....chalk one up for God and his team of physicians, nurses, and medical personnel.....

Ballistics in Scotland
02-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Yes, these things caught at the right stage usually go pretty straightforwardly. He can congratulate himself on not just saying "Well of course I get headaches," and not looking for help. That is where cases really go wrong.

Boaz
02-26-2016, 07:53 PM
GOD BLESS YOU >>>>>>>>>>>Ballistics in Scotland . ................Praise GOD . Do you agree ?

Ballistics in Scotland
02-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Cromwell, seldom considered a secular-minded man, said "Put your faith in God, my lads but keep your powder dry." I have always thought the idea that God insists on being praised, and thinks using, enjoying and understanding His universe isn't enough, is entirely of human origin. They make Him sound only human.

davidheart
02-27-2016, 12:20 PM
I spoke with Roland today. He's getting discharged from the hospital later and he'll be able to make a final recovery at home. They drained about 100ml of blood from his head. No brain damage. No motor functioning issues. All is well... except of course the pain from surgery. But he said it's not nearly as bad now as it was.

Thank you all for praying!

Boaz
02-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Thank you for the update and praise GOD !