PDA

View Full Version : What indoor targets/drills do you use?

PerpetualStudent
02-23-2016, 01:26 PM
My Beeman p17 should arrive in a week or so. Very much looking forward to shooting it. Simple bullseye shooting with a box full of magazines and phone books ought to keep me busy for a while. And I'll probably add some poor man's biathalon for variety. 10 burpees between shots ought to provide plenty of challenge.

What do you guys do with your air handguns?

scarry scarney
02-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Hey, while undergoing Chemo and during the recovery for my first cancer, my little airsoft was the only trigger time I got. It help me keep my sanity (what little of it I had). Now I spend a lot of time at the range, but I don't get any trigger time (I'm a range officer now), I've been thinking about digging the little airsoft out again, and shoot a few rounds in the garage at my leisure. Not a bad way of getting trigger time in. No dragging all that **** to the range, then having to clean the guns up afterwards. Not to mention the cost of the ammo.

I have also practiced different inside the car drills with my little airsoft. An AD with an airsoft wont blow a whole through your dash.

Doc Highwall
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM
This is what I use for shooting in mt 10 meter range with a shop light for illuminating the target so it appears bright like outdoors when shooting.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/172588/do-all-rimfire-bullet-trap

GhostHawk
02-23-2016, 10:52 PM
My main squeeze for wintertime airguns is my mid 70's era Sheridan Blue Streak. 2 pumps and at 20 feet it will put them in a dime all day long. I also have a pair of crosssman 1322's both in the carbine stocks, one has a laser, the other a cheap red dot. They are almost as good as the Sheridan.

I have a few others scattered around but those are the ones that get shot.
I also have enough pellets for the Sheridan to keep me in rabbit and squirrel for as long as I'll want to be around.

sixshootertexan
02-24-2016, 12:01 AM
I have a outdoor range. I shoot 5 and 10m targets for online posting. I just started shooting silhouettes and posting them on this website. http://www.onlinesilhouetteshoot.com/Menu.asp
My outdoor range. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1imqxQ5hQ

PerpetualStudent
03-02-2016, 12:23 PM
For my trap I took a wine box and filled it with paper. I actually wound up having to pull some of the paper out because otherwise the pellets bounced back! Now I've got 3-4 inches of space between the target paper and where the paper stop begins. That seemed to take care of the problem.

I might have to start that silhouette competition too Texan. That's really useful thanks.

georgerkahn
03-02-2016, 05:43 PM
I bought mine as "protection" in tent camping in a state park which has way toooo many raccoons, and so many are rabies carriers I didn't wish to share my tent space with one. Firearms are verboten in the parks, so an air pistol seemed to fit the bill -- a Umarex from Pyramid. I never shot it much else til I took it to camp "to sight it in", and now have an old lawnmower-trailer standing on end as a backstop, with whatever cans, etc. I find to hang in front as targets. A new device came out about a year ago in which you insert an empty beer/soda can; hit the release plate on bottom and the can goes airborne (http://rocketshottarget.com/) -- the trick to try and hit that with your second shot. (I'd be most embarrassed to share the percentage of hits I've gotten -- quite pitiful!) But, I will tell you it is more than a lot of fun to try! Re indoors -- I have an old wooden soda case with Agway rubber mulch behind a piece of sheet-rock wallboard duct taped to it. Masking taped 10-meter targets, albeit my basement only afford about 22 feet... but, like outdoors, it's fun -- and a lot warmer!
Beeman p17 is, from what I've heard, a "winner" -- BEST!
george

HABCAN
03-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Just my Red Ryder BB gun, but 10 shots offhand in 30 seconds into the open mouth of a soup can @ indoor ~30' length of the house (paper taped over, retains BBs for re-use, LOL) is great FUN and teaches a lot about game/defensive shooting.