PDA

View Full Version : Range report on a Canik 55 Stingray-C....

Harry O
02-23-2016, 12:30 PM
I went ahead and decided to buy this gun from a co-worker. It is a copy of the CZ-75 Compact that I already own. There are several reasons I decided to buy it. It was just about exactly half the price of a new CZ-75 compact. Since face-to-face selling is legal here, there would be no papers on it. I took a magazine from my CZ-75 and found that it fit the Canik (like it should). And, it is all steel and was machined beautifully. It came with two compact magazines (13 rounds), one full size magazine (16 rounds), and a plastic holster. The gun had probably not been fired more than a few rounds and it had been cleaned up afterward, so it looked new. It has the matt-chrome finish vs semi-gloss-black on the CZ-75. A little more garish than most of my guns, but OK.

I took it to the range and fired almost 200 cartridges through it. They were my full power handloads with 4.8gr of Bullseye and a 115gr FMJ. There were no problems with feeding, extracting, or ejecting. Nothing fell off the gun. Accuracy was close to the accuracy of my CZ-75. Note that the CZ-75 is the most accurate 9mm I own. The Canik is possibly not quite as accurate (I say possibly since I usually get better when I practice more with a gun) as the CZ-75, but it is close, and it is still more accurate than my other 9mm's.

The Canik is all steel. That makes it heavier than the CZ-75. That means slightly less recoil, but I would not want to carry it full time. The two guns feel much the same (as I would expect), but there are some details different between the two guns. The Canik has ambidextrous slide releases. It does not have the hammer drop decocker like the CZ-75 (I never use that anyway). It has a large cartridge-in-the-chamber indicator.

I will have to fire a few thousand more rounds through it to tell if it is as good as the CZ-75. However, it looks good so far.

Virginia John
02-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Harry O (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?950-Harry-O) you stole my gun from me, now what will I do? Good luck with it, I am sure it will be one of your prized treasures.

Harry O
02-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but it looked like too good deal to pass up. Here are a couple pictures of the two guns.

blueeyephil
03-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I had a Tri-Star Canik full size T120 I believe. It was a good gun. Only thing I didn't like was the front sight. And no aftermarket for it at the time. I had a CZ SP01 and they were close in many respects but not the same. But the quality of the Canik was very good. I sold it because of the front sight with no replacement. I had an early model, I think they've changed them to use more standard sights.