PDA

View Full Version : leather butt stock

cardonasharp
02-23-2016, 12:23 PM
I am looking for a leather butt stock for my Henry rifle. Looking for a local leather person in Eastern PA.

Der Gebirgsjager
02-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Could you elaborate on this a little bit? Are you looking for a leather butt pad, lace on leather cheek piece, or actually looking for the part that is normally made of wood to be made of leather? :veryconfu

Teddy (punchie)
02-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Amish shop and tell them what you need, ask around they'll know someone.

cardonasharp
02-23-2016, 06:11 PM
I am looking to wrap the butt pad with leather from the center out. lace leather will look very nice.

ReloaderFred
02-23-2016, 09:12 PM
It's commonly known as a Butt Wrap and there are several styles. I've done a few on my own rifles, and several for other people. Each one is different and leather stretches according to grain.

The tricky part is sewing the butt pad leather to the wrap, and if you decide to do it yourself, or have someone else do it, make sure they put the rough side of the leather out on the butt pad. This helps prevent slipping. You'll want the smooth side of the leather for the wrap itself. It's easier on your cheek that way.

For mine, I use a baseball stitch and it looks pretty good.

Hope this helps.

Fred

4719dave
02-23-2016, 09:28 PM
go on the marlins.com web site you get what you pay for forget the guys name but just WOW ...

nylocmik
02-24-2016, 02:57 AM
Take a peek at these http://www.levergunleather.com/p_buttstock_covers.htm