PDA

View Full Version : A new Ruger .22 for me.

W.R.Buchanan
02-21-2016, 04:43 PM
I bought a new Ruger 10/22 for myself yesterday.

It is one of the Collectors Series guns with the plastic American Rifle Style Stock.

I have seen a few of these in person and they are no longer listed on Rugers site but Davidsons had them so I got one. Saw one yesterday that had a Flash Hider and I figured I'd get one of those in case I ever got a Suppressor, but we couldn't find one anywhere so I got the other one instead. $325 OTD. Dealer only made a few $ on the deal but we're buddies.

This gun has the same sights as a Mini 14 and an integral Pic Rail on the receiver for mounting an optic. I really liked the looks of the gun and it was truly the first 10/22 I have had any real interest in in a long time.

It will get a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot sight mounted and a sling and some extra mags. Should be in my hands in a couple of weeks.

Randy

rancher1913
02-21-2016, 05:55 PM
used to love shooting my 10-22's but now its cheaper to shoot 38's. sure wish 22lr would catch up with demand.

W.R.Buchanan
02-23-2016, 12:54 AM
I've got a couple of bricks plus 100 round boxes so I'm good to go for a while. I got lucky and actually got three boxes from Walmart a few weeks ago! That hadn't happened for a long time.

I got this gun primarily to play with and shoot my Rimfire Silhouette game with. It also could be a respectable SHTF gun so I will outfit it accordingly.

I have a Marlin 39AS which is the only .22 repeater I have, so this gun also fills that role.

Randy

robg
02-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Can't beat a 1022 for fun .so easy to up grade play with etc .every home should have one ,oh I forgot most have.

W.R.Buchanan
03-08-2016, 03:40 PM
So I took possession yesterday and brought it home and did some minor deburring just like I always do.

I also installed a Bushnell TRS-25 which was like it was meant to be there.

got to shoot it now. excited.

Randy

376Steyr
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
My local Sportsman's Warehouse had these on sale prior to Christmas. Dummy that I am, I failed to buy one immediately and by the time I got back to get one they were out of stock. Let that be a lesson to all of us: "Always yield to temptation, you may not get another chance."

I have a red dot sight on the 10-22 that I do own. A Burris Fast Fire, which is the greatest thing since sliced jelly donuts, especially on close range, moving targets..

rollmyown
03-08-2016, 06:29 PM
"Always yield to temptation, you may not get another chance."

Very funny!

hporter
03-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Randy, congratulations on your new rifle. I picked up the same model a few months ago and it shoots great. The aperture rear sight is a big improvement over the usual rear sights that come on the 10/22's. The aperture was the primary reason I purchased the rifle. But I also like the stock, it feels very similar to the Ruger American Ranch that I have.

Mine came with a rebate check as well as the usual percentage off at the ruger online store coupon so I picked up the new BX drop in trigger Ruger sells, and the extra butt stocks. The improvement in the trigger pull was unbelievable. Like night and day.

The only problem that I have experienced is the front sight fell out on the first trip out to shoot it. Called Ruger, sent it in and received it back within 10 days. Pretty good service in my opinion.

I need to try the TRS-25 sight too. I picked one up quite a while ago based on your recommendation, but haven't got a chance to use it yet.

Now the only issue I have is that Talo has a new model with the same rear aperture sight, but with a wood stock configured to look like an M1 carbine. Might have to pick that one up too. It has given me the serious wants....

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RU1022-M1C-15

The rimfire silhouette game sounds really fun. Wish we had one around here.

waco
03-15-2016, 09:46 PM
I got my 10-22 in 1986 for my 12th birthday. Still shoots great!

MakeMineLead
03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Congrats Randy!

I bought one of these too. It's a very cool version of the 10/22.

W.R.Buchanan
03-18-2016, 05:04 PM
I recently got these cool mag connectors off Ebay. They come in two basic varieties. 3 mags and two mags. I got one of the 3 mag versions and it works well but you do have to remember which way you are turning the mags so you don't chuck up an empty.

The 2 mag version is a better deal in my opinion as the mags don't stick out the sides like the 3 mag version does.

There is literally a ton of aftermarket stuff on Ebay and on everyone's retail website for these guns.

Randy