PDA

View Full Version : Traded my Sig Sauer Tac Pak for a S&W 1911

6bg6ga
02-21-2016, 06:35 AM
Tired of being told that I couldn't get the trigger worked on in my Tac Pak I traded it for a shinny new S&W 1911 PC with ports straight out of the specialty section of S&W. Don't get me wrong Sig owners I simply loved the accuracy of my Tac Pak. What I didn't love was its crisp what was probably a 7-8 lb trigger pull. The New Stainless Steel S&W with the ports in the slide offer me the ability to get back on target quicker and its crisp clean 3.5lb trigger is amazing. Granted I would love to have even less trigger pull I have to keep the reality of the wife shooting it. Yes, that's correct. Not 15 rounds into the gun when behind me in our stall I heard her voice behind me asking if she could shoot the new 45. Absolutely amazed I almost dropped the gun in response to her question. Yes, I responded. I quickly loaded some rounds into the magazine and slid one into the chamber for her and set the gun down...there you go. I just about fell over as I watched this woman put 3 into the 10 ring and the rest closely to them. She set the gun down and with a big smile said " I love that 45" Any thoughts I had prior to this about getting rid of the Tac Pac were now gone and forgotten completely. Three targets mounted and three targets with the 10 ring completely blown away. The price was more than I have ever spent for a 1911 at a suggested retail of around $1589 but the bottom line is that it functions correctly and its accurate enough for me at this point in time. Not saying that I might want to get a real expensive custom gun one day but for this day the S&W has put a smile on both my wife's face and mine.

Side note here.... I had the opportunity to purchase a new Kimber and it was calling my name. After checking the fit of the two and the trigger pull I opted for the more expensive S&W.

osteodoc08
02-21-2016, 09:34 AM
The PC Smith is a nice 1911.

What I dont understand is how nobody would work on your Sig. It is a quality made firearm and the trigger compenents are like any other 1911. Granted it has an EE, but so does the Smith. I would have tried a few "drop in" trigger parts before parting with it just because of the trigger.

white eagle
02-21-2016, 05:33 PM
not sure if mine is the same but I love my Sig Tac ops
anyway its nice to have a gun the misses likes as well
you had a double score

6bg6ga
02-22-2016, 07:09 AM
There are no drop in trigger parts available. The only solution would have been to ship it to Sig.