PDA

View Full Version : 10-22 international acquisition

odfairfaxsub
02-21-2016, 02:31 AM
Well ever since I was 7 and seeing my dads best friend bring his on a squirrel hunt I always wanted one. I got one finally after working tons of storm trouble. Always loved military guns for their long stocks and I love the mannlicher style.

shot it w bulk pack rem and federal on a brand new gun and prone position 25 yards id get 1 inch groups and cci cuts that to 3/4.

pretty happy w a new gun shooting that I figured that the trigger pretty much sucked and researched what to do to make it better.

replaced the hammer, springs, and extractor w volquestion or whatever their called and took about a hr to do not bad not hard.

took it out and fed perfectly and trigger was super. Prob was really didn't shrink my groups....they stayed the same. Oh well. I thought about it and chalked it up to possibly having ballistol on my hands from the assembly and got it on the ammo/bullets and maybe had something to do w the lack of accuracy improvement but if I keep this accuracy w the better trigger I could be happy w this.

2wheelDuke
02-21-2016, 02:39 AM
Next up would be looking at the stock and seeing if it's binding on the barrel anywhere. Might not be feasible to free float that. Your accuracy still isn't bad at all if you're running the Ruger iron sights. I've also wanted one of those since I was a kid.

odfairfaxsub
02-21-2016, 03:41 AM
It does touch a touch just ahead of the chamber behind the rear sight on the right side but like you said iron sights not bad at all really. Yeah they are kinda impressionable in good ways

Hardcast416taylor
02-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Still got my Ruger when William`s Gunsight was closing them out after Ruger dropped it back in 1969. There were stacked up about 30 of them new and boxed in the warehouse for dealers to pick through. My brother had been a dealer with Williams since he took over our family store many years before back in the `50`s. We sorted through all the boxes picking out the best figured stock wood. I remember there was little interest among the other dealers in these Rugers. We wound up with 5 to go back to our store. I picked 1 sight unseen out of the 5 for my own. It turned out to be the least figured wood of the 5. I was a terror of the squirrel world around our farm wood lot with that rifle. I was the first of my squirrel hunting buddies to go to a 1" scope of 4x on it. If memory serves me I believe they were being sold for $65 at that event. Winchester HV 36 gr. HP that was common back then proved to be a nail driver over the other brands I tried. Due to the value of those rifles now I have rellagated it to being a safe queen with only a seldom round through the barrel to chase the spiders out!Robert

robg
02-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Try lots of different ammo ,mine likes .22magazine in the tin can best .if I'm on form 1/2 inch five shot groups at 25yards.got a power custom hammer in mine 3lb pull .

Geezer in NH
02-29-2016, 06:53 PM
It is not a bench rest gun. I would be happy with the gun.

odfairfaxsub
02-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Yeah pretty happy. I was kinda jiving w the groups and I imagine the trigger like it is takes the mind games and a lot of the trigger control out if the pict. Pretty happy w it for around the house when the times are right, ( Sunday, Monday, wensday) lol