View Full Version : Cz 455 full stock 22mag

odfairfaxsub
02-17-2016, 03:42 PM
Anyone have one? I'm getting one in the mail and wondered who has one and likes it a lot. I love full stocked guns

buckwheatpaul
02-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Have the 455, not full length stock, love it....goes all over the ranch with me....a real tack driver!

Hogtamer
02-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Good luck with 22 wmr ammo. If you had replied to your post in S & S I might have traded you a gun and ammo.

PB234
02-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Have a 452 FS. Have a scope for it but put on a peep sight and never bothered with the scope. Amazing this quality is available at this price point. More expensive ones in the safe but the 452 is the one that gets used, because I just like it. Has anybody warned you yet that getting a CZ just leads to wanting another? The 527 American was out there recently in 221 Fireball and may return soon.

longranger
02-22-2016, 11:38 AM
I have one as well and it sports Leupold 2X7 scope. It it is my favorite "walking rifle" for small game.After purchasing I bought a 452 Lux 22 LR,453 American 22 LR and 455 Tacti Cool .22 LR. All of them will shoot little tiny group @ 50 yds. using quality ammo.The Federal "Auto Match" is the most consistent between all .22 LR's. CCI 40 gr. .22 WMRF has been the easiest to get with decent accuracy. I suggest using www.ammobot.com (http://www.ammobot.com) to obtain different .22 Mag ammo.I rarely have found .22WMRF on the shelf.You will love the rifle,hard to find the quality for the price.I replaced the plastic nose cap with a steel one. CZ 527 metal caps fit the 455 FS's. I also change out trigger guards and action screws from JP Enterprises as well as firing pin springs.

odfairfaxsub
02-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Should I change the firing pin springs for reliability

longranger
02-22-2016, 07:59 PM
It has been demonstrated that a better quality spring than CZ uses makes for a more reliable and faster lock time,which improves accuracy. I also change out the stock action screws from flat blade to torx,it won't take long to bugger those up https://www.jnpgunsprings.com has the parts.It is the one thing that CZ does on their rifles is cheap springs and stamped metal.Lot's of people feel this subtle enhancements makes for a nicer rifle. With a particular value threshold they keep the cost down for a reason.The machined steel trigger guards are pricey but I think they really cleanup a rifle,you would be into over $1000.00 for comparable quality.It is an individual choice to be sure.