PDA

View Full Version : Great site - great info

msp2640
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I checked in up top a week or two ago and have been steadily reading to get back up to speed in the casting world. Great info and topics posted here, I find myself reading posts that by topic only wouldn't interest me, but wind up learning or relearning something new. I haven't warmed a mould in the better part of 15 years, but I just finished opening up two large rubbermaid totes full of my moulds and other casting gear that have been in their time capsules since the early-mid 90's. I found about a dozen roundball moulds that I'll post for sale sometime in the future that I bought about 20 years ago with a bunch of gun prts from an oldtimer. I also found/ forgot about two moulds recently written about here (429421HP and 358429). Based on a post, I stopped by a service sattion to get my truck inspected and walked out with about 100 lbs of wheel weights and later score another 40-50 from a second shop. Thanks for the info and restarting the fire for an old hobby. Bill

Alchemist
04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Welcome from another recent returnee to the casting hobby! Until I started reading up on this site, I was unaware of zinc WWs...so beware the evil zinc when you start smelting your recent score! If you don't know what I'm talking about, keep reading up on it here. Several threads talk about zinc, or do a search. Good stuff to know.

See ya 'round the board.

Cheers :drinks:
Alchemist

Buckshot
04-29-2008, 12:22 AM
.................msp2640, welcome to the board! But more importantly, welcome back into the family of the silver stream :-)

.................Buckshot

Cherokee
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
msp2640 - Welcome back to the casting world !!

beagle
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Welcome back to casting. Going through the old containers like you have brings back memories of times that use to be.

This is a good site and the members are helpful.

I expect you'll find a quantum leap in the quality of moulds, sizing equipment and techniques after a long layoff.

Read and get back into the swing and enjoy our hobby./beagle

msp2640
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Just finished reading a bunch of other posts. This place is great- so much info to take in. I don't know of anyone around here (eastern Mass) that casts and believed that no one was interested in it anymore. Did a search to find load data for some older CB's I located and found your site. Thanks for the welcome - I'm sure I'll have questions for you all in the near future. Thanks - Bill

Jon K
04-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Welcome Aboard msp2640...............

Jon

45nut
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Posts and threads such as these makes the tougher off topic threads and somewhat petty little spats much easier to digest, bigger picture focus is what matters.
A reason to believe, a notion that members come by to learn, visit with people seeking and sharing the knowledge that IS here, that this can take a load off instead of being a burden, those are the simple reasons I look forward to reading success stories and not the main stream media barrel full of bad news that this earth is so full of.

Thank You for the reminder this simple forum can be truly significant.

jhrosier
04-30-2008, 05:48 AM
...... I don't know of anyone around here (eastern Mass) that casts and believed that no one was interested in it anymore. ....

Hi Bill,

I'm out near Worcester, a little west.
I'm another "returnee," like yourself.
There's just a few of us around in MA.
PM if I can help you in any way.

Jack