PDA

View Full Version : Colt King Cobra

Gliden07
02-14-2016, 12:39 AM
I know this is a loading forum but there is a wealth of knowledge here so here goes. I am an Auto Pistol guy. I received a Colt King Cobra as payment for a job I did for a friend (quite a while ago). A little about the revolver 6" Barrel, Blued finish, I have never shot it I would say finish is 95 plus. Put it in safe and never took it out! Pulled it out the other day to look at it and figured I should find out what this thing is worth!! So can anyone out there give me an idea what the value is on this wheel gun??

Thanks!

Tatume
02-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Colt DA revolvers are over-valued. Check Gunbroker.com. I expect prices will come down eventually.

kingstrider
02-14-2016, 09:39 AM
OP congrats on a nice six-shooter, I had a stainless one like that years ago but let it slip away. As for prices, Colt revolvers are up there and still climbing. Until Colt starts making revolvers again the prices will likely never come down to normal.

smkummer
02-14-2016, 07:09 PM
A blued King Cobra was only made for the first few years and then dropped as stainless guns were selling better. It is almost the same gun as the MKV trooper. Its price should be about the same as a stainless king cobra. So see what selling prices are on gunbroker and that should give you an idea. Very good cost efficient gun for Colt to make then. I would agree that its now over priced because its a discontinued Colt. You say your not a revolver guy, but I would suggest going and shooting it first, and then see how you feel. Start out with 38 special ammo. You might decide that keeping one good revolver is a good thing to do.