PDA

View Full Version : Ruger light Commander 45

Wayne Smith
02-13-2016, 06:30 PM
I've read the puff pieces about this and it may very well be my next purchase. I'd like to hear the comments of those who actually have and use them.

Outer Rondacker
02-13-2016, 07:13 PM
It is a bit lighter. Shot fine. To me it feels the same as any other mid size 1911. It did tend to have a bit more recoil and shoot a bit high with my same loads I use in my full size ruger. I am not a fan of a frame made from alum. It would be fine if no moving parts touched this but they do. The craftsmanship if one was to call it that seamed better then on my full size SR1911. FWIW.

Char-Gar
02-13-2016, 07:15 PM
It is a well made, reliable accurate pistol that is well worth the price. It is my carry weapon. I would buy another in a heart beat.

fourarmed
02-13-2016, 07:26 PM
I do not have a Ruger, but I have a couple of lightweight Colt Commanders. My Government models stay in the safe now, except for the bullseye gun. I do not notice the increased recoil, though physics says it has to be there. I suppose if you really set your mind to it, you could wear one out, but for normal, non-competition use, I think they are superior guns.