PDA

View Full Version : Ballester Molina, whats a fair price?

Multigunner
02-13-2016, 06:20 AM
A friend left a nice Ballester Molina .45 with me as security for a small loan , he has nearly paid off the loan and I have been thinking of offering to buy this fine old gun from him.
I really like the standard 1911 Colts, and carried one for many years, still have the 1918 model holster I used back then as well as a nice inside the waistband holster. The BM fits both perfectly.
I have occasional difficulty with the standard 1911 because an injury and loss of flesh on my right hand makes using any pistol with a grip safety a problem. The BM has no grip safety.

What are your views on these pistols, and what would be a fair offer?
Are spare parts available?

straightwall
02-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Look on GunBroker at the SOLD auctions, not the For Sale auctions to get a good idea of value.

GypsmJim
02-13-2016, 10:15 PM
I bought mine at a gun show in 2005 for $250. The dealer said is was only good as a hammer, but I knew differently. The first time on the range it functioned flawlessly, and the accuracy was better than my 1980 vintage Colt. I did a scan of the first target and e-mailed it to the dealer.

I just updated my collection's value, and based on GunBroker sold auctions I valued it at $400. Numrich should have any needed parts.

wadcutter
02-14-2016, 08:10 AM
I'd say $400-700 depending on condition.

Parts should be around for years though I've had bad luck with Numrich providing the right parts.