PDA

View Full Version : Mixing traditional and TL bullets.

swmass
02-12-2016, 10:38 PM
It may be a dumb question but all I can find when searching is threads on tumbling lubing non TL bullets... So, I currently pan lube and may continue to for 9mm, but I want to start tumble lubing my 45 was cutters and 38 special SWCs but I already have my load down pat, and many of them cast/lubed/ and reloaded.

Can I simply switch to tumble lube and load them up and dump them in the ammo can with all my other loaded rounds? Same exact load and bullet.. Just different lube? Or will this somehow effect the rounds and I should keep them seperate.. I would rather not obviously. Thanks.

DerekP Houston
02-12-2016, 10:45 PM
erm, I've done that many times for different colors/coats of hitek/pc. I don't see how it would affect the rounds you already loaded in the can and being the same charge/boolit I can't tell any difference.

mdi
02-15-2016, 06:10 PM
I'd keep them separate. I'm sure the standard wax lubed bullets will preform differently than tumble lube (mebbe not a whole lot, but they are different loads). Use them jes like any load...

takasaki
02-16-2016, 06:48 PM
I've mixed mine many times until i switched to all tumble lube, now all my boolits get pc'd and mix em up in ammo cans.

dverna
02-23-2016, 07:23 PM
For plinking ammo I think mixing is fine.