PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Redhawk (not super) grip removal

motorcycle_dan
02-12-2016, 10:30 AM
So My Davidson special 4" Ruger Redhawk KRH-414 .41 mag came in yesterday. It comes with Hogue grips. Not monogrips with the screw at the bottom, these are no screw grips. Comes with a little plastic wedge thingy. You're supposed to slide this thing between frame and grip to spread it over the pins. Since I've never been in there, I don't know where the pin(s) are. Backstrap bottom or where? Once you spread it far enough then you are supposed to work the grip off. I think if I'd of put them on, I'd know how to take them off. It came with these grips from the factory and I don't know what it looks like. Lots of U-tube video but not one on that model. Anyone done a Redhawk like this? RH is the short one in photo, (if I can get it attached)

dkf
02-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Those are the bantam grips for the Redhawk. I put them on my 5.5" Redhawk when I got it. You put the wedge in the bottom back of the grip, pry open and push them off. It takes some force. They have a hard plastic inner insert with nubs that lock into the wheel that goes through the bottom of the frame/grip. I have the instructions that came with my grips on how to remove and install them. If you PM your e-mail address I can scan and send you the instructions.