PDA

View Full Version : Prayer list ?

Boaz
02-09-2016, 09:15 PM
I would like to offer those that frequent the Chapel a question . There are good people here , I see the same ones sticking to a request with need and offering prayer/commitment to those that need GOD"s intervention ..

Could there be a need for a prayer list ? With commitment to those that would sign up to offer prayer ? Anyone that goes to church knows what a prayer list is . Could we make a difference ? Is there a need , would you commit ?

If you think not then voice it . If you feel there truly is a need then voice it .

Thank you
Boaz

Preacher Jim
02-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Boaz the same thought has been on my mind that we do need a prayer list and prayer notification system. I am in if you can coordinate it.

Boaz
02-10-2016, 11:30 AM
I'd be happy to attempt it with input from others , there is always need for prayer . First consideration is that there be at least two members . That is really a minimal requirement .

Matthew 20;18

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them .

Blackwater
02-11-2016, 04:22 PM
We have a prayer list at my church, and a group that uses it daily, if not moreso. And it's been very successful, too, despite my natural inclination to think that prayers should be spontaneous. It just makes sense, even if it is a bit organized and structured, which is not in my natural tendencies to like. But it'd probably be a good thing, despite my natural inclinations. I pray at least daily, and often multiple times. We often forget that prayer is simply a little, usually short, talk with God. I often do it while driving in my truck, at the river, in a deerstand, or anywhere I happen to be when something strikes me and makes me think of something or someone who needs prayer. It's just as natural to me as breathing. But that's just me, of course. Being a Baptist, I'm used to flowery prayers, but early on, I thought a lot of prayers, particularly those in church, were as much for those present as it was for God. But on the other hand, why shouldn't our prayers sound nice, and be the best we can offer up to God? Paradox fills our realm in all sorts of ways, and being able and willing to see both sides is a big help toward keeping a balanced view and outlook. That's been a big help to me, as a guy who can be very willful. It's how I battle my own self-possessed free will. Others will vary.

I think a prayer list would be a good and functional thing. Ours at church has been a godsend to many, including myself. It really does matter, even when the answer isn't always what we thought we wanted at any given time. God ALWAYS answers prayer, even if it's sometimes with a "No," because He knows so much more and better than we do what we REALLY need. I'd say "Go for it."

buckwheatpaul
02-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Great idea....count me in.....Paul

Boaz
02-12-2016, 08:34 PM
I knew you would stand up Paul ! Should it be a prayer group or prayer team ? I know others will stand up too when they see the topic .

Our link to GOD ............prayer . There will be more to commit , I have faith in so many here , I have seen the concern , helping , and giving on this forum . Do you know how rare that is in these times ? Most forums I am on ..........I would not make this request . This forum offers us a way to help others .

Matthew 22:36-40 King James Version 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

USMC87
02-12-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm all for a prayer list, I have a lot of the same people here on my personal prayer list. We all need prayer and need each other to lean on and have the fellowship with those of a like mind.

buckwheatpaul
02-13-2016, 08:18 AM
I think the list is a great start....I try to follow all the posts on people in need of prayers...if we had a central post it might help....we use a running list at the Bible Study I go to......what help do you need?

square butte
02-13-2016, 08:22 AM
I'm in

w5pv
02-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Please pray for the safty of my famil as they travel to Camp LeJune,NC and their safe return home

Boaz
02-13-2016, 09:26 AM
You guys don't know how good it makes feel to be associated with people like you ! Everyone that has committed..........I already knew you would and there are more coming . Thank you !

Boaz
02-13-2016, 09:41 AM
I think the list is a great start....I try to follow all the posts on people in need of prayers...if we had a central post it might help....we use a running list at the Bible Study I go to......what help do you need?

Thanks for the offer to help Paul , we will need it . I'm going to hack out a rough draft/outline and put it up in a few days . I want any ideas or suggestions , it should start out simple so as not to too cluttered . Preacher Jim has mentioned a place for praise and I agree . It will evolve as we go along and everyone is a part , voice your opinion .

tinhorn97062
02-19-2016, 01:31 PM
A running list would be good. During corporate prayer meetings that I've been involved in, we've had a list of folks and a brief description of the need. Doing so allowed us to stay focused, and really dig in.

Boaz
02-19-2016, 02:09 PM
tinhorn97062 there is a prayer request list on the Prayer Group thread . If anyone request prayer from the group please let me or Preacher Jim know and we will post it there for you after you post the thread in the Chapel . Everyone has access to the Prayer Group thread if they want to check the list , you need not join unless you want to . Thanks for your post many are not aware of the list .

Boaz
02-21-2016, 08:38 PM
yea .

shoot-n-lead
02-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Boaz, I pray daily for those that I see mentioned on forums that I frequent. It is a part of my daily prayer life and I think that it is a fantastic thing to do for those that are in need of help, health or otherwise.