PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee!

slohunter
02-09-2016, 11:39 AM
I've been reading where JFW has been discontinued. Too bad, but I was in True Value Hardware this morning and saw bottles of Jubilee Wax for $6.49. Might work just as well. :idea:

noisewaterphd
02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Do you mean JPW?

I think that the paste wax has not been discontinued, only Johnson One Step (liquid wax) has been discontinued.

Either way, if Jubilee will work in the same way, and is readily available, folks will want to know.

Try it out for us?

jmort
02-09-2016, 02:49 PM
As recall, there were only two SC Johnson branded products left, the One Step and the SC Johnson Paste Wax. When I looked a week or so ago, there were two products listed under the SC Johnson brand, but now it appears there is no SC Johnson Brand products at all, based on their web site. I would not be surprised to learn that the Paste Wax was killed off as well. Time marches on.

Rattlesnake Charlie
02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Enter "johnson paste wax" in a Google search. Dozens of places selling it. The line about it being "discontinued" is like an internet hoax.

BTW, Jubinee is an appliance wax. I could not find its ingredients to do a comparison.

Maven
02-09-2016, 04:16 PM
A couple of years ago, I got followed Ben Hayes' advice to dilute Lee Liq. Alox, but had no Johnson's wax of any kind on hand. However, I did have and thus substituted "Wood Preen," which worked like a charm. Here's one link to it, http://www.bwccompany.com/?gclid=CI3Br9e-68oCFc1bhgodG70LOg. It's the yellow rectangular can at the top, middle of the photograph and is also available elsewhere.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Shortly after Ben's liquid lube thread was started, there were rumors of Johnson One Step (liquid wax) being discontinued...IIRC it was one of our Canadian members that reported it was discontinued. I believe someone even called SC Johnson, I think the issue was, they quit exporting the product to Canada.

jmort
02-09-2016, 04:58 PM
One Step has been discontinued, for sure. See the end of the BLL Sticky.

jmort
02-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Just got off the phone with SC Johnson, One Step is, as previously confirmed done for as of 10/15. SC Johnson eliminated the tab for SC Johnson One Step and the Paste Wax and put them in the Pledge product family tab. The Paste Wax lives on for the 45-45-10 users.

Rattlesnake Charlie
02-09-2016, 05:30 PM
http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/us/en/brands/sc-johnson

Shows both JPW and One Step.

jmort
02-09-2016, 06:05 PM
^^^ What is your point?

noisewaterphd
02-09-2016, 06:23 PM
I have also heard it directly from Johnson that One Step is no longer being produced.

I never asked about JPW, I am relying on the word of others that it lives on.

35 shooter
02-09-2016, 07:35 PM
When i called Johnson's several days ago and was told they had discontinued the liquid wax back in oct. 2015, i was also told that sometimes if they received enough calls on a discontinued product, they would sometimes consider making it again.

Can't help but wonder if about 30 to 40,000 booliteers called in telling them how great their liquid floor wax is, if that would make them re-consider continueing to make it?

Lol it might be best not to mention bullet lube to them, but rather how great it is on floors!

Their 800# is 800-558-5252.