PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Insert Grips for GP100

swmass
02-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I used to have a 3 inch gp100. I really wanted the compact grip for this revolver because the barrel was so short and it came with the large hogue. I ended up buying a large rubber insert grip, then purchasing inserts separate. So im looking at rugers websites for a front sight for my new 6 inch gp100 and what do I find... Rubber insert grips sold by ruger with the insert. Full size AND compact!

Those compacts were nearly impossible to find when I was searching and the full sized grips were around but not offered from ruger... Just a heads up for anyone on the look out because I know a lot of people seem to like that old style grip!

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grips-with-Rosewood-Inserts-Compact/productinfo/70084/

http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grip-w_-Rosewood-inserts/productinfo/70083/

Petrol & Powder
02-08-2016, 08:27 PM
It's good to know they are available. The compact factory grip with the inserts is a fine grip for the GP-100 when one is seeking something a little more concealable. I have a set on a 3" GP and really like them.

Stonecrusher
02-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Good to see them back. First thing I did when I got my GP-100 was trash the Hogues and buy a set of these to put on. Back then Brownells was the only place that had them, but they were only about $16.00.

swmass
02-08-2016, 11:58 PM
I purchased my large grip with no inserts from midway for around 15 bucks then paid another 20 for inserts from altamont. So they're a little pricey from ruger. Im assuming if ruger is producing the compact grips again (which I believe they werent before) they will be available from other places without the insert for cheap. Now I just need a shorter barrel gp100 again to put the grip on:lol:

nagantguy
02-09-2016, 12:01 AM
The 100 and 101 are a rare case where factory grips are what fits my hand and works the best, same to be said of the super red hawk. New grips are usually a first on a pistol for me, these seem to be just right.....I'm a big guy with small hands but my ham handed shooting buddies seem to agree with this.

rockshooter
02-09-2016, 02:18 AM
Check out the altamont (altamontco.com) site. They have some interesting variations on the large original grips.
Loren

Edster
02-09-2016, 07:33 AM
+++++1+++++ on the Alta Mont grips. They have a texturing to both the front and back strap. Also their compact grip is just a tad slimmer than the one Ruger has.

tja6435
02-09-2016, 12:30 PM
I like the Pachmayr Compac grips for the GP100, but they aren't easy to find these days

GaryN
02-11-2016, 02:26 AM
I take an xlarge glove and these things feel good to me. I have changed grips on a lot of handguns. These stayed.