PDA

View Full Version : How much variation

James C. Snodgrass
04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
:castmine:What % of weight variation is acceptable. I know I'm getting picky but in 250 grn bullet is .5 % too much. I am wanting sub m.o.a from a plain based bullet and am very close , Now I'm starting get real attentive to any and all deviations to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance James

Lloyd Smale
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
you will notice no accuracy differnce in handgun bullets at twice that variation

James C. Snodgrass
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Well should I look at velocity variation closer then. It is in a T/C contender 375 JDJ I have managed 1 1/4 " groups but am seriously looking a little better. James

EDK
04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Go look at one of the black powder cartridge rifle forums or a good book on reloading for black power rifle competition. They weight their boolits and charges..and the guys who win are pretty nit picking reloaders! One thing you pick up on their threads is low standard deviation. A load has to have low standard deviation so the sights can be dialed in for long range. Any variations are really magnified at the extreme ranges they shoot at in long range competition.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire: