PDA

View Full Version : where to get sight bases?

mozeppa
02-07-2016, 10:58 AM
i'm a red dot fan ....and the burris fastfire fits my pocket money.

now everybody sells the sights but it seems to be a well kept secret as to where to get the sight bases for your gun.

everyone i've talked to shrugs and says "i don't know" ....or..."you have to send your slides off to somebody and have them machined
and drilled and have screws added and plates and may take 6 months to get them back."..(and possibly screwed up!)
i say bull!

the stock rear sights on them are held on with allen screws....loosen and the sight slides out.
the new sight base slides in and an allen screw locks it on the slide...same as the old stock sight ...then the fastfire sight screws to the base via two small allen bolts.

so why is it so hard to come up with bases? i don't know!

i have a small picture of my three 1911's that i'd like bases for ...2 are "lpa" style (sti & springfield) and colt with a novak cut slide.
*note* bomar and lpa are NOT the same.

where can i get 2 "LPA" and one novak style bases for burris fastfire red dot sights?

any help is appreciated.

thanks...mike

mozeppa
02-07-2016, 11:00 AM
SOMEBODY MAKES THESE!

sorry for the tiny pictures ...all i had ready.

Dan Cash
02-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Ask Burris. They should know or perhaps even make them.

NSB
02-07-2016, 11:44 AM
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/696027/burris-fastfire-base-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics%20-%20Scope%20Rings%2C%20Bases%2C%20Mounting%20%26%20 Accessories-_-Burris-_-696027&gclid=CLbdtqT_5coCFchbhgodGFEGkA