PDA

View Full Version : Midway Birthday Discount!

TXGunNut
02-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Needed a kinda pricey item recently and was wondering why I hadn't gotten a birthday discount e-mail from my friends at Midway in the last couple of years. Found out that it's in effect from a week before my birthday until a week after. Just placed an order for the item that broke, some choke tubes, scope covers, misc parts, cleaning supplies and brass. It's a good way to get a good price on stuff that's not generally on sale. Best I can tell it's 15-25% off, depending on the item. Pretty sweet, happy birthday to me!

5Shot
02-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Just placed my B-day order a few days ago...nothing big though.

cheese1566
02-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I was looking at it myself. Have a few days left. I am leaning towards a set of dies or two. Im sure there will be something else after I place the order. I hate ordering one thing and pay that shipping. I would like to do what you did and bulk up the order.

w5pv
02-03-2016, 05:15 PM
I have been holding off on getting a few items until my b-day next month.I like shopping with ole Larry

TXGunNut
02-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I was looking at it myself. Have a few days left. I am leaning towards a set of dies or two. Im sure there will be something else after I place the order. I hate ordering one thing and pay that shipping. I would like to do what you did and bulk up the order.

I try to inventory my cleaning supplies and brass pretty carefully and put it all together. I remember last time I got the birthday discount e-mail their shelves were empty of everything I wanted, had almost everything this year. That and I seldom buy stuff unless it's on sale so this discount overcomes that obstacle. BTW "Sale" price on the item I actually needed at other sites is more than Larry's everyday price so it worked out quite well. Discovered something last night; ordering a haz-mat item like solvent rules out the USPS/UPS/FEDEX handoff (and delay) and doesn't really cost that much. Total shipping UPS door to door was $12-14 and it's a pretty big box.

Spruce
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Looking forward to do the same next month as well. Makeing a list and hopeing for good sales and clearances.

Elkins45
02-04-2016, 05:13 PM
My understanding is that you can't count on getting it every year. I know there have been a couple of years I have been waiting on it to order but it never happened.

TXGunNut
02-04-2016, 11:29 PM
My understanding is that you can't count on getting it every year. I know there have been a couple of years I have been waiting on it to order but it never happened.

Yes, ran into that a time or two. It used to be for the two weeks before your birthday. Wasn't able to figure it out last year. Two years ago nothing was available. Made up for it this year, waiting for the big brown truck to show up tomorrow.

chambers
02-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Tried to order a couple of times( several years) no discount for my B-Day, waste of time!

corbinace
02-04-2016, 11:45 PM
How do you sign up for the birthday discount? I have been doing business with them for years but I don't think they have my birth date.

Bad Water Bill
02-04-2016, 11:45 PM
They have NOT offered me that in about 5 year no matter how much I bought.

Then last year I purchased a pair of electric ear muffs that did not work upon arrival.

Because I had used nail polish to put my hallmark on them they said I voided out the guarantee so I told them to remove my name from ALL of their lists and never look there again.

Yes I lost some money but they lost a customer that had spent many thousands there over many years.

5Shot
02-05-2016, 12:38 AM
How do you sign up for the birthday discount? I have been doing business with them for years but I don't think they have my birth date.

It must be in your profile under account settings.

Elkins45
02-05-2016, 09:44 AM
They have NOT offered me that in about 5 year no matter how much I bought.

Then last year I purchased a pair of electric ear muffs that did not work upon arrival.

Because I had used nail polish to put my hallmark on them they said I voided out the guarantee so I told them to remove my name from ALL of their lists and never look there again.

Yes I lost some money but they lost a customer that had spent many thousands there over many years.

I know for many years they offered an unconditional warranty on all the stuff they sold. I returned a tritium sight that leaked and they replaced it. Maybe you just got the wrong person on the phone?

It must be in your profile under account settings.

I don't think I did anything special, but I was ordering from them pre-Internet, so I guess maybe I qualify as a long-term customer or something.

TXGunNut
02-05-2016, 10:34 PM

I don't recall signing up for it but I've been doing business with them since their flyer included a mail-in order form. Other order options included phone orders. Al Gore hadn't invented the Internet yet but we got along just fine. One year recently, out of the blue, they sent me an e-mail and I believe it contained a discount code. A few years ago the e-mails stopped but I sent them an e-mail last week and they explained the current policy.
And no, Larry doesn't give me a dime for plugging his business here. I doubt he even knows who I am. I wouldn't be surprised if some Midway folks lurked here, pretty common in this business. I know someone from RCBS lurked over on TFL while I was there but she never posted. I'm also a fan of Cabelas, BACO, TOW and recently Natchez. They're all good folks that treat me right and one of the nice things about forums is that we can find out who sells the items we want and need.

bruce drake
02-05-2016, 11:50 PM
I've been getting the Birthday discount for several years as well. Big Brown Truck should be here tomorrow for my purchase. A couple of new molds, 30 caliber gaschecks and a new match sight for the 7x57 Garand.

wingspar
02-06-2016, 03:48 AM
I used my birthday discount last year to buy my first press, powder measure, dies and a whole bunch of stuff. Saved about $80. Tho I’ve been buying stuff from Midway for years, last year was the first year I’ve ever received the “birthday discount”. I’ve got till June to build up a “Birthday Wish List”, and it’s going to be a very nice Wish List.