PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis relief?

rondog
02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
I've got arthritis in my hands, and am currently enjoying a particularly nasty flareup in the base of my right thumb. Probably from vigorous gun cleaning last weekend.

So, I'm looking for arthritis pain relief tips. I remember hearing something in my youth about people rubbing some kind of solvent on arthritic joints that was supposed to give relief, but I can't remember what it was. Anybody know what I'm talking about? And if it's still available to us unwashed peons? Thanks!

This stuff sucks. The base joints of both thumbs just don't love me anymore. <sniff>

funnyjim014
02-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Idk if it helps but my grandpa used to sting him himself with honey bees. He used to swear by it

jcwit
02-02-2016, 01:23 PM
DMSO

Here you go

https://books.google.com/books?id=XiLiyDCLlVUC&pg=PA182&lpg=PA182&dq=paint+solvent+for+arthritis&source=bl&ots=0bOqEnZTC6&sig=AuCDuSdxu1dWn2zy8s0yMlDPpFU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJrI38y9nKAhXE7SYKHZMgB4wQ6AEILDAC#v=on epage&q=paint%20solvent%20for%20arthritis&f=false

jcwit
02-02-2016, 01:24 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=dmso&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=dmso&tbm=shop

rondog
02-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Idk if it helps but my grandpa used to sting him himself with honey bees. He used to swear by it
Um, think I'll pass on that idea, but thanks anyway! Not an abundance of honeybees around here in the dead of winter anyway.

quilbilly
02-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I have that similar problem with my hands to add to my knees. Recently I decided to give up semi-auto handguns entirely and switched to revolvers (not exactly a sacrifice). Yesterday I walked the entire Seattle Boat Show on concrete floors with the help of two Aleves and survived to tell the tale. Without those Aleves, those concrete floors would have crippled me in 30 minutes.

rondog
02-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks jcwit! DMSO, I believe that's it! Anybody have personal experience with it for this?

jcwit
02-02-2016, 01:33 PM
When it comes to pills I find hydro or oxy contin work well

rondog
02-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Oh, I've had major stomach surgery and I'm forbidden from taking any kind of NSAID's, they tell me those will give me ulcers in a big hurry. Doc was pretty adamant about that.

jcwit
02-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Thanks jcwit! DMSO, I believe that's it! Anybody have personal experience with it for this?

Myself no! But I had a good Amish friend that used it with complete satisfaction. I used the word 'had', as he passed away years age, he was in his upper 80's.

w5pv
02-02-2016, 01:37 PM
I use an ointment based on BenGay or something like that and alson use wd40 to spray on my old acheing joints,both do a pretty good job of keeping the pain down.

jcwit
02-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Oh, I've had major stomach surgery and I'm forbidden from taking any kind of NSAID's, they tell me those will give me ulcers in a big hurry. Doc was pretty adamant about that.

Dr. Took me off naproxen for the very same reasons.

Fergie
02-02-2016, 01:50 PM
You can try some arnica montana too...helps with aches and pains.

Follow the Docs orders on the NSAIDs...peptic ulcers are nothing to play around with.

Geezer in NH
02-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Hot wax bath, dip hands several times and wrap in a towel. They sell home ones that are the sameas a physical therapy center will have. From my experience get one with the adjustable thermostat

robg
02-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Same base of thumbs problem here ,heat seems to help ,roll on summer

waksupi
02-02-2016, 03:11 PM
I go to the livestock supply, and get liniment with an emu oil base. Works well for me, and is a lot cheaper than the same stuff elsewhere.

Taylor
02-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Horse liniment as they use to call it,or hot peppers.Personally I use naproxen.

sundog
02-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Frankincense oil followed by Deep Blue Rub.

scarry scarney
02-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Tramadol (by prescription) for my aches and pain when the pain is too much. The hot wax does help with the hands. Picked up a cheap one at Bed Bath and Beyond.

crowbuster
02-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Man, you guys are good. Lots of good ones. Limited on the dmso for me. Some days helped others not.A nice lady in the industry put me onto some stuff called penetran plus. Comes in a tube of with a pumper. Rub it on and boy it works fast. I Hate pills

jcwit
02-02-2016, 04:34 PM
I Hate pills

Ya, I know, but I sure like the way they make me feel!

farmerjim
02-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Voltaren Gel. It is a NSAI , but the adsorption into the bloodstream is only 8%. Th rest stays in the tissue where it is applied. I am on blood thinners and oral NSAI's are prohibited, but the doctors allow me to use Voltaren gel.
It is prescription in the US, over the counter in Canada and Mexico. See if your doctor will you to use it on small areas .

scarry scarney
02-02-2016, 04:54 PM
The Dr. prescribed the penetran plus for me. Worked a little. My Dr did have some samples for me to try first. Samples = Free. Free=good....

Boaz
02-02-2016, 05:50 PM
The bee thing works , I use them as I find them wich isn't often . Their sting has cortisone in it and no it doesn't really hurt much when they sting you .

Taylor
02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I got arthritis for my 25th birthday...post traumatic. Back,ankles and knee's.Still,I don't regret earning those crossed rifles.

tja6435
02-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Iodine deficiency can cause arthritis pain, that and tons of other health problems.

Geezer in NH
02-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Once you have it all you can do is delay it. Keep working your hands or you will lose movement, strength will go anyway.

I had to retire 14 years ago and don't test positive for rheumatic. Celebrex was the best therapy for drugs 400 mg day for 7-8 years now at 200 mg a day. I am stiff and pay with pain for everything I do but never wanted steroids like prednisone cause the side affects it has with me and nix on opiates I see them as a bigger problem than what the arthritis is.

It will not get better all you can do is delay it there will be no going back to 10 years ago. Get a good Dr and see if that will help.

big bore 99
02-02-2016, 07:22 PM
I also read about the WD40 cure. Haven't used that but use Absobine Jr a little. The best thing is excercise but don't overdo it.

duckey
02-02-2016, 07:43 PM
As crazy as it sounds, stings from honey bees have been used to treat arthritis. I do not have this condition, however I read up on it when I had a few colonies of honey bees. Hopefully your not allergic to bee stings.

Houndog
02-02-2016, 07:45 PM
An old herb doctor has me on 2 tablespoons of organic Vinegar (the cloudy looking stuff) and one teaspoon of raw honey in a cup of warm water twice a day for knee and joint pain. I've been doing it 2 weeks now and it seems to be helping.

waksupi
02-02-2016, 08:28 PM
A lot of arthritis can be eliminated by removing white flour and sugar from your diet. I went to almond and coconut flour, and Stevia for sweetner. It did help considerably.

Ausglock
02-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Emu oil works great on my wrists and knees.
I also use Goanna oil on my shoulder. I have bursitis and Goanna oil is far more friendly than cortisone injections.....

blademasterii
02-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Another vote for tramodol, Also make sure you are very well hydrated. If I get the least bit dehydrated I hurt like no tomorrow. Tramodol is a non narcotic pain med that works pretty well. I'm 35 and have had arthritus for almost 10 years in some joints. Heredity sucks sometimes.

Cariboo
02-03-2016, 02:40 AM
A friend of mine had arthritis so bad in his hands that he could hardly hold his tools. He got into raising honey bee and does not wear any protective gear while working in the hives. It took a couple of seasons getting stung, but now he does't have trouble with his hands till about spring.

rondog
02-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I can't do Tramadol though, that stuff messes with me something fierce. Sleep problems and intense itching. Been prescribed it before and flushed 'em.

KAF
02-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Best advise availible.... Go see a Rhuematologist.

6bg6ga
02-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Horse liniment seems to work but I don't know if there are any side effects.

6bg6ga
02-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Nabumetone 750mg twice a day seems to help. Causes ulcers with prolonged use.

KAF
02-03-2016, 09:41 AM
RELAFEN (nabumetone), Been taking 2000 mg per day since 1988. No ulcers or other stomach ailments, take FAMATONE otc to cut down on the stamach acid that cause ulcers.
See a Rheumatologist http://www.vitals.com/rheumatologists/co/denver

waksupi
02-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Horse liniment seems to work but I don't know if there are any side effects.

I've noticed I eat a lot more hay after using it.

lefty o
02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Best advise availible.... Go see a Rhuematologist.this is exactly the best and only advice. arthritis is not too be taken lightly, it can and will criple you. its has destroyed my life, trust me go see a doc and get it under control before it causes more damage.

scarry scarney
02-03-2016, 03:44 PM
I went to ......Stevia for sweetner. .......

Waksupi - I don't know about Montana, but here in CA, Stevia is real easy to grow. As long as I don't harvest the whole plant, it lasts year to year. you can either dry and grind the leaves for powder, or you can boil the leaves for liquid sweetener.

waksupi
02-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Waksupi - I don't know about Montana, but here in CA, Stevia is real easy to grow. As long as I don't harvest the whole plant, it lasts year to year. you can either dry and grind the leaves for powder, or you can boil the leaves for liquid sweetener.
does this start from seed, or cuttings?

scarry scarney
02-03-2016, 06:47 PM
We got ours from Lowes/Home depot as a small plant.

rondog
02-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Been reading about DMSO, has some interesting info but it seems there's a garlic breath side effect?

My wife is an eye care receptionist in a big Kaiser clinic, and the Rheumatology dept. is right next to hers, so she's gonna talk to them. That's probably my best course of action for now.

But the thought of a salve I can rub in for some real relief is very appealing. I'm a frequent shopper at a nearby farm and ranch store, I'll check into what they have.

Plate plinker
02-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Wonder if they have some stuff for horses that could be utilized? I know a lot of horsemen that use other horse drugs.

bayjoe
02-03-2016, 09:29 PM
DMSO
If you can stomach the taste it leaves in your mouth it works pretty good.

Rufus Krile
02-04-2016, 12:38 AM
DMSO
If you can stomach the taste it leaves in your mouth it works pretty good.
Di-methyl Sulfate was used in the oilfield years ago as a 'Surfactant'... a surface active agent... that coated the clay particles in the drilling fluid to prevent unwanted hydration. We used it by the drum... often 8 to 10 drums at a time. If you stuck your hand in it, within 20 seconds you had a taste of oysters in your mouth. Not entirely unpleasant if you happen to like oysters. Back then you could wash out that nasty taste with a couple of beers... the oilfield just isn't fun anymore.

KAF
02-04-2016, 09:57 AM
RA is a immune system going nuts. The body attacks the cartilage in the joints as it is a intruder, it eats it away over time. It WILL remove ALL the cartilage over time. The idea of treating it is to stop or slow what the immune system is doing. Salves or ointment does nothing but treat a bit of pain by numbing the nerve endings while the damage continues. OA is from damage done over time by use and damage on the joints.
NO SALVE OR OINTMENT WILL stop the RA, or put it into remission.

Hickok
02-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Rondog, I have it in the same place, big joint on the right thumb area. Sometimes feels like I have grabbed hold of a high voltage wire. Agree with Waksupi, I use "Blu-Emu." salve.

claude
02-04-2016, 10:36 AM
WD-40 helps, and Tylenol Artritis, it isn't an NSAID.

Windwalker 45acp
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I have Disc Degenerative Disease where all the discs of my spine are falling apart. I have several that are already gone vertebrae on vertebrae, grinding. Some are just herniated ready to blow and some that are bulging. I walk with a cane sometimes and sometimes I don't walk at all.
Been promised a wheelchair in a few short years by two different docs.
On top of all the spinal issues I also have old 'arthur' too and i'll second what waksupi (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?7-waksupi) http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png said about changing your diet helps tremendously.

As for salves, ointments and the like:

Soaking in Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salts) in a HOT bath helps and one doctor recommended a tablespoon of concentrated Cherry (it's a paste) everyday as it helps eliminate inflammation, and Blu Emu. These are the one's that I've tried, but currently I am only doing the Epsom Salts, diet, pain meds and the occasional sports cream rub with wifely massaging (meow!)
The Blu Emu is a bit expensive and the Cherry is hard to find.
I've read about studies on the bee stinging and according to those studies there showing real promise for pain relief. It's something about that venom that eliminates the inflammation. You might want to study up on it some.

Anyway, HTH.

jimofaz
02-04-2016, 11:26 AM
HTH ... "It's something about that bee venom that eliminates the inflammation." Multiple stings sure will take your mind off of the 'old arthur', for a bit anyway! :-)

Doc says no SAID's for me too. I often use an 'horse linament' my wife bought at an online equine supply house somewhere for me. Truthfully, a long & hot epsom salts bath work wonders on my degenerative disk disease & three back surgeries over the last 20 years.

Jim

Hickok
02-04-2016, 03:53 PM
I really feel for you guys with the back trouble, as that is some painful and lingering misery.

Windwalker, I had a fella tell me about the cherries. Said it really helps him.

Blackwater
02-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Some good comments. For many years, I watched many, my Mom chief among them, become virtually disabled by arthritis. Mom had it so bad near the last that sometimes, she'd just look at me with that forloorn look, and tears would run down her cheeks the pain was so bad. And she wasn't one to carry pain very well, either. She tried everything she heard of, and some things would help a little at times, but it never went away. Hers was in her tail bone, where she fell once on the back door steps taking out the laundry to dry.

From her and many others I've known through the years, it seems to me that the general pattern is you have to try different things to see which one(s) work for YOU. That's not good news, but at least it's a promise that a good search should come up with something that'll at the very least take the worst of the edge off the pain. I've heard the vinegar and honey cure has worked well for some, but not for others. Have heard WD-40 works for some and not for others. All sorts of things seem to work for some folks, and not for others. I have the beginnings of it in my hands, and have found a product, that a friend with stronger arthritis recommended, called Two Old Goats. Comes in a dark blue 8 oz. bottle, and a little dab'll do ya', and it seems to free up my hands when they get stiff, and any pain is gone, too. I get mine at a little local "country store" here, but you can call 866-324-3787 or go to twooldgoats.com and check it out. I pay $10 per bottle here, and so far, I've been impressed with it. My buddy who referred me to it swears by it, and another buddy who has the same problems keeps it by his side, and will use it generally about twice a day. That 8 oz. goes a long way. The ingredients don't seem like they'd do a whole lot, especially in the %'s they list, but all I can attest to is that it's worked well for me and two friends who've tried it.

Some use the horse linament, and swear by it, too, as well as the emu oil Johnny Bench touts. The strangest and hardest part of arthritis seems to be what works for one does't necessarily work for the next person, and that makes it a search rather than a simple diagnosis and Rx. But at least there are many things to try, and one of them should work for you. It does for most people. You just have to keep on keeping on until you find what works for you. That's been my experience, at least. YMMV. It sure does wear a person down when you're hurting nearly all the time! Best wishes that you find something quickly that works for you.

Windwalker 45acp
02-04-2016, 05:26 PM
I've noticed I eat a lot more hay after using it.

If you start stomping to count, then I suggest you see your family doctor.

Let's see how many catch that one..

lefty o
02-04-2016, 05:29 PM
everyone seems to be hung up on thse home redemies. while they may make it feel good for a short time, they are masking a real problem. dont F around with this stuff. RA literally eats away the cartilidge in your body, even while your linaments and other hokum are making it feel better, its destroying your body from the inside. the longer you dilly dally with home cures and pfm, the more damage that is being done, and it is not reversable!!!! read that and make sure you understand, NON REVERSABLE!!!!!!!!!! you dont wanna live like i do, RA has eaten 98% of the cartilidge in both of my wrists, let me tell you it aint no damned fun. the faster you and a doc work out how to control it, the less damage that will be done, and the less pain you will live in daily for the rest of your life. still wanna mess around with wd40 and other hokum, youve been warned.

Windwalker 45acp
02-04-2016, 05:32 PM
I really feel for you guys with the back trouble, as that is some painful and lingering misery.

Windwalker, I had a fella tell me about the cherries. Said it really helps him.

Yep, it effects you whole body. I've sneezed before and almost blacked out from the pain.... and there's been times i've fondly considered sawing off my right leg.

On the Cherries. When I was taking the concentrated version we had a GNC here locally, but it went ta-ta's up, and that's the main reason I no longer take it. And too, I wasn't for sure that it really made that big of a difference.But like you, others have had good benefit from them and what effect's me will effect someone else differently.

Speaking of which, what is the benefits of WD-40??

That is a new one for me.

Lloyd Smale
02-04-2016, 06:17 PM
my grandpa used to say it helped him
I also read about the WD40 cure. Haven't used that but use Absobine Jr a little. The best thing is excercise but don't overdo it.

Hogtamer
02-04-2016, 06:34 PM
lefty o's got it. Topical solutions, according to 2 Docs I consulted, are bogus, may have a placebo effect but nothing beyond that. My right wrist joint is gone, kinda tough on a right handed chef, gonna get it fused next winter. In the mean time, periodic cortizone injections in the wasted joints do help the pain.

adrians
02-04-2016, 07:59 PM
My Doc has me on Hydrocodone and Humira shots taken bi-monthly at home, I get blood drawn every 2 months to check for signs of liver damage and others.

I'm not big on taking chemicals but this combination seems to help quite a bit, the Humira seems to keep my joints from swelling up as much as they used to do.

Getting older sucks...:evil:

Clay M
02-04-2016, 08:57 PM
A friend of mine has bad arthritis and he is taking turmeric curcumin. He claims it helps with the inflammation.
He is a virtuoso guitarist who has arthritis in his hands, so I guess it must work for him.

rondog
02-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Well, I found out the nearby Murdoch's farm and ranch store that I frequent has DMSO in liquid, gel and roll-on! Bought the gel, it was like $4.99 or so, certainly cheap enough. It stinks, yes, but it's not overwhelming and dissipates quickly, so I can deal with that. Taste it in the mouth too, but not overwhelming either, certainly livable. Best of all, it seems to WORK and gives relief! Going back today to get one of the roll-on bottles for spot use on problem areas.

Also going to pursue medical support to approach the problem internally, if there's anything that can be done about it medically. I'm sure there will be finger-wagging about the DMSO because "it's not FDA approved", but I don't really give a flying poot about "Government approval". We all know that the FDA's biggest responsibility is to protect Big Pharma first and foremost. They'll never approve DMSO because nobody can patent it and "own" it. Just like colloidal silver.

snowwolfe
02-07-2016, 09:21 PM
If you think a medication will help you, then it generally will. But if you have RA and are not going to a doctor on a regular basis you are just making it worse.

Nose Dive
02-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Hands in pain. Neck? Back? Fella here was asking about knees too. Mmmmm

Melaxicam... prescription from Doctor... and... glucosamine HCL....over the counter at SAM's. take two aday....

Now,, here in Fort Bend County Texas...have a good 'hand' doctor... TUNIS is her name... she will shoot your knuckles
up with some FINE stuff every 90 days... it works for 60 and you have to suck it up for 30...

Now, she is a darn good cutter...good with a knife...she cut three of my knuckles on my right hand and they are
much, much better. but...after cutting....no more 'shoot ups'.... so...pay your money...take your chance....

So... now...guess you have 55 or 60 year old knuckles. me too. Some time...gotta 'nut up' and start using your
little finger to keep your nose clean. TUNIS is gonna cut the thumbs next month.... gotta keep insurance payments
flowing.... Paid for medicare all my life....now time to cash in....

If you go to a doctor...got to a HAND MAN...or Lady...like TUNIS... not a GP or proctologist. You don't need to be
pointing a crocked finger at your own ***.

Nose Dive

Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.

Three44s
02-10-2016, 02:12 AM
...................... We all know that the FDA's biggest responsibility is to protect Big Pharma first and foremost. They'll never approve DMSO because nobody can patent it and "own" it. Just like colloidal silver.

100% truth!

....... and there is another unholy alliance at work here ......... between doctors and big Pharma.

Now, I don't dismiss our modern pharmacuetical industry completely but I firmly believe they need to be treated with a lot of skepicism .........

So here's something else you can add to the list of "never gonna be on the FDA hit parade":

amazingmolecules.com

Yet, for the sake of humanity this needs to get out .....badly!

I know this product well and I would suggest you look into it .......... especially the video called "Genisis" ....... if you are still interested at that point, PM me and I will glad to walk you through some of your questions. Don't let the business hype turn you off ..... first and foremost, the stuff works and works well and if you desire to go further, well that's your decision. I have been into this for going on three years and don't even think about making money off it ..... I get my "pay" by helping people along with my own physical well being.

Here is a doc that sold his practice and quit cutting on people to work with this instead:

https://worldclasswellness.wordpress.com/asea-redox-signaling-for-cellular-health/

Scroll down to Dr. David Silverman

You mentioned stomach issues ........ I had my first duodenal ulcer in college, both mother and father have had history with them as well so I came by them honestly. The above product helps my gut ......... seriously.

Best regards and best of luck

Three 44s

MtGun44
02-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Aspirin and/or naproxen sodium (they work slightly differently, so both together help more than separately) and
Apercream rubbed directly into the affected area. Be sure to have something solid in your stomach when you
take aspirin, just to be on the ultra-safe side. Aspirin on an empty stomach can cause problems in the stomach.

Bill

GhostHawk
07-02-2019, 10:12 AM
First I would like to back up three4's statement about ASEA.

We bought some mostly for my wife who has the arthr in her hands, fibromyalgia in her neck and shoulders, sinus and inner ear infections chronically.

She is already on 14 perscriptions and a few suppliments. So I thought I'd give it a shot.

2 oz internally every morning, loaded one of her empty nasal sprayers with some. And a spritz bottle for outside use.

Now I have my own health issues, just came in from hard work outside redoing patio. I was hot, sweaty, tired, miserable, ached all over. Wife ripped my T-shirt off and started spritzing me and wiping me down.

5 min later I was cool, no pain, skin tingling happily everywhere. My right hip which had been starting to growl shut up.

Hips and shoulders is where my Arthritis shows. The only things I have ever found that really works is

A Heat, as much as I can take. Hot showers as hot as I can stand it. If it flares I sit on a heating pad for 2 days.

B Take a plastic container with a lid, 3/4 fill it with raisins, cover the raisins with gin. Just plain clear gin.
Add a bit of honey to help put out the fire and make it go down easier. Give it two weeks to get those raisins good and drunk. Eat a spoonful every day until the dang Arthritis pain goes away.

And now

C ASEA.
Its not cheap, I don't like that their web page looks like a pyramid scheme/aka multi level marketing. (Those at the top rake in the money from those at the bottom)

But it works. My wife feels better after a week. I feel better after one treatment.
The skin on my back, shoulders is still singing the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song.

There is zero pain anywhere. And in 10 minutes I have regained enough energy to go make myself something to eat.

This is good stuff folks. Believe me, or not, your choice.

Try the drunk raisins. Works for some, doesn't for others. But if it does work, I can often go 2-4 months between flares.
Needing to take a spoonful daily till the pain goes away.

That is my story, freely shared in the hope it will help others live pain free. YMMV.

waksupi
07-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Some friends from the reservation gave me an oil they make from an old tribal remedy. No idea what it is, but it sure works. I did find an emu oil rub at the livestock supply meant for horses that works nearly as well.

rondog
11-15-2019, 10:32 PM
Just thought I'd mention I've been using a prescription medication called Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 1%. Works wonders as a pain relief! And with our health plan, all prescriptions are only $5, so it's perfect. I have osteoarthritis, not the rheumatoid, which is good - for what that's worth.

But if you need pain relief, ask your doc about this stuff.

txbirdman
11-16-2019, 12:33 AM
Use to use Blue Emu for osteoarthritis in my hands and thumbs. Started taking hemp oil and drinking a cup of ginger root tea twice a day. Have quit the Blue Emu totally and am doing much better.

Ford SD
11-16-2019, 12:37 AM
A lot of arthritis can be eliminated by removing white flour and sugar from your diet. I went to almond and coconut flour, and Stevia for sweetner. It did help considerably.

there is a few things that if you stop eating them pain will be reduced

look up the plant paradox

More of a life style change

eliminate Most Grains... flour, corn, beans etc

potatoes .... I miss potato chips

I have early ... minor.. arthritis after 6 weeks, I now have the least pain in 4 years ....5 weeks no pain pills

also taking app 7 different vitamin pills like collagen / gusomine / calicum

Yes I have some pain... but can handle it so far ..... and lost 10 lb

shdwlkr
11-17-2019, 12:41 PM
I don't have RA but enjoy osteoarthritis in all my joints and spine, some days it is a real chore just to get up out of bed and fix something to eat. I have found very little that takes(dulls) the pain for long and just live with it.Things could be much worse.

SSGOldfart
11-19-2019, 10:30 AM
Bigeloil sold for horses, works for me

Naphtali
11-25-2019, 01:00 PM
When you use pharmacologically pure DMSO, pay attention to being certain that your hands — receiving and applying — are as close to sterile and clean as possible. DMSO is an unusual solvent. It acts as a carrier for other products to penetrate skin. If you have something on receiver or applier, it may be "included" in your application of DMSO. . . . As I alluded to — not all DMSO is pharmacologically pure.

As one who has enjoyed MCTD for quite a while, I am a living database on such topics. Because some of my symptoms preclude the use of the usual palliatives such as NSAIDs, one family of drugs available for my rheumatologist is immunosuppressants — anticancer drugs, antirejection drugs used by transplant patients. . . . One behavior that helps, but its very success causes a side effect. People want to administer to you a beating. If you complain, whine, vigorously curse everything, making those around you feel bad, you will feel better — until the side effects occur.

Hope this helps.

waksupi
11-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Bigeloil sold for horses, works for me

I'd used that for years, but it has got hard to find here. I guess I should order some.

poppy42
11-25-2019, 06:04 PM
I’ve used it it works, but it stinks and once ya put it on your skin it’ll leave a strong garlic taste in your mouth. Ya should be able to get it in a farm/ranch supply. It’s used on horses. One word of caution not good for continuous use. it’s a chemical that is Absorbed through your skin and in time can damage your liver. It’s also used as a transfer medium For other medicines into a horse through its hide. Very easily absorbed through the skin . For this reason ya should be careful not to accidentally get it mixed with anything else. I always use rubber gloves when I use it on any of my horses the garlic taste is really really strong . Don’t misunderstand it’s not like you have to get it on your lips or anything else put a little on your hands rub it in and you’ll taste garlic. Like I said it does work I have used it many many times

Acorn
11-25-2019, 06:44 PM
I use DMSO tool. Works on my knees. It also has a warming affect at least on me. When I rub it on it makes the area I put it on feel warm. Some dilute it with distilled water as after a few days of consecutive application it can irritate the skin. Made my knees feel like I’d brush burned them. It bothered me at first but I guess I’ve built up a tolerance to it. Tractor Supply has it as does most feed stores or livestock supplies.

pertnear
11-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Gin & raisins. Make your own or you can order it.

DrunkenRaisins (http://www.drunkenraisins.com/health-benefits/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlO7uBRANEiwA_vXQ-2tDc54kRQmxgn-F2lzIymafBQR4hdQ8NfDQhbp_H0ogRUnMJVBp9hoCwvAQAvD_B wE)