PDA

View Full Version : Need more advice

gcollins
04-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I am trying to sell my single stage stuff, and i have a lot, my question to you all is this. I have like brand new RCBS Uni Flow powder dump, I bought a brand new Lyman Stand, looks like I am going to have to ebay this stuff ( I don't want to) but you got to do what you got to do!!

How will it bring the most, Dump sold by it's selk and Stand sold the same way, or sell toghter?
I will be very Great Full for any and all advice
Thanks Greg :castmine:

Throckmorton
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I think it would sell faster as a set..dump with stand.
be sure to specify which drums it comes with.I just bought one on a bulletin board,only to dind it had just the large rifle drum.No use to me.The seller did not know the difference and gladly refunded my money.
They were sold 3 ways according to RCBS tech...either with rifle OR pistol drum,and with both drums.

I see you have listed an item or 2 here on the board. no luck ?
Generally,relaod gear sells pretty quickly online.

I know a fella just starting out,would you like me to point him in your direction ?

Swagerman
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Last year I contacted RCBS about getting a small pistol rotor drum for my used Uniflow PM, they surprised me and sent one free of charge.

Can't beat that.

Jim

HeavyMetal
04-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd sell as two seperate pieces. Two reasons: one, two different makers, two, some one my have the matching component and not need the other piece.

I spoke (wrote?) earlier today on another thread about pricing used gear. While condition plays a big part of any purchase availabilty of new product should ( and usually does) control what the market will bear for a particular piece of equipment.

Having said that I will point out that e bay certainly brings the reality of Ben Franklins advise to todays world.

The advise? A fool and his money are soon parted!

If you want the most bang for your buck call each piece an "antique" and start the bidding at 10% under retail.

Let us know how it works out.

gcollins
04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Guys for your advice, I will go out this afternoon and see what drum it has in it, I have 4 of these (long Story) and I am only going to keep one! The other three must have the small drum, because I am loading light cowboy loads 4gr red dot and 5gr and so on, so I will put some powder in it and see how low she goes1
Throckmorton, yes please tell the person that i have stuff for sale , I have also a RCBS TRimmer Pro with lots of collets but only one shell holder, and more. I have just went to all projessive execpt one stand by single stange, just trying to then the heard.
I would be great full for any and all help!!
Greg

RFWobbly
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I think you'll find you'll need more of that stuff than you realize. And by the time you do, you'll have to pay more than you were able squeeze out of the sale of yours. Not only that, if your RCBS stuff is crinkle green it's made in the US. The replacement stuff will probably be the shoddier, foreign made, hammer-tone green stuff.