PDA

View Full Version : redding/saeco sizing dies

porthos
01-31-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking about upgrading to a Redding sizer lubricator. Some time ago I thought that I read on this website that someone made aftermarket sizer dies . Was wondering if he made them for a Redding sizer. And who is it that makes them? Their dies and top punches are a little pricey; and, I would need around 10.

porthos

noisewaterphd
02-09-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking about upgrading to a Redding sizer lubricator. Some time ago I thought that I read on this website that someone made aftermarket sizer dies . Was wondering if he made them for a Redding sizer. And who is it that makes them? Their dies and top punches are a little pricey; and, I would need around 10.

porthos

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Saeco_custom_sizing_dies_pr-3863.aspx

Any size from .224 to .540, but it will cost you about 700 bones for 10 of them.

There is someone who makes an adapter for the Saeco to use Lyman style top punches, so maybe you can at least save some $$ that way.

FWIW, I do prefer the Saeco machine, but if I were already invested in Lyman/RCBS setup, I'd be tempted to stick it out.

porthos
02-09-2016, 07:40 PM
noisewater:

Too late I got my redding sizer/lubricator yesterday from brownells. $190.00 . Get $20.00 off with a $200.00 or more order (got a few other things) And free shipping. I'm on a program where I get free shipping on everything for 1 year. Cost $50.00 for the program but well worth it. I already have 2 RCBS and 1 LYMAN sizers. I will probably sell off some of that to finance dies for the Redding sizer. Dies can be purchased for less than $40.00. Ialso have a very accurate older South Bend lathe . I don't have a lot of skill with it but, maybe I can learn to make my own dies.

quasi
02-12-2016, 02:12 AM
Lathesmith or Buckshot make custom Redding dies, I believe.