PDA

View Full Version : An interesting day...

Dale53
04-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Most of you know I had some physical problems last year (leading up to and following eye surgery).

I have been shooting a good deal and bit by bit my shooting skill is returning. I have been encouraged by the results I see. I was shooting my 625-8 JM Special in .45 ACP.

However, (it seems that there is ALWAYS a "however"[smilie=1:), today I started off pretty well when suddenly, exactly when I ran out of ammo and dipped into another supply, my shooting went south. My first thought was the new loads were suspect. However, they were recently loaded and there was NOTHING to lead me to believe that was the case. I shot a couple of more targets, and things are getting worse. I "saw" nothing amiss with my shooting (I can generally "call" my shots) but sure did start to think maybe I had "crashed".

Suddenly, a "light went on" and I checked my Red Dot mounts. Sure enough, they were loose. I tightened the mounts up (Weaver style) and the last target had 8 inside "X's", a ten and a nine (standing at 25 yards). Whew-w-w, it had me going for a bit.[smilie=1:

Moral to the story, check your scope/sight mounts from time to time...

Dale53

Glen
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
So, in other words, this time it wasn't due to the loose nut behind the trigger, it was due to the loose nut ABOVE the trigger. ;-)

Dale53
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
So, in other words, this time it wasn't due to the loose nut behind the trigger, it was due to the loose nut ABOVE the trigger. ;-)

Ain't it the truth:-D!!

Dale53