PDA

View Full Version : No I didn't Die ..... I am back LOL

Johnch
01-29-2016, 09:03 PM
It has been a while since I have had the time to say hello
As I spent almost 3 weeks at a Clinic that treats Trama Induced Migraines
I go back for 7 - 10 days again in 3 months for more tests

Long story , but the new drug package I am part of the test group seems to be doing a little better than the old med's
No clue what I am taking ....just a code on the label and I signed a bunch of paperwork saying I will not try to find out or give the med's to anyone

I missed a lot of the posts on here
As they limited my internet a lot

So I will be doing a lot of reading to catch up

OH ...if a nurse tells you that a shot will not hurt and you might not even know it
Well ... DON'T Believe it
I still hurt from all the blood I donated to the tests

OH well ...now I can start loading for spring shooting

Have fun everyone

John

CastingFool
01-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you're doing better.

country gent
01-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Hope the treatments help out Migranes can be debilitating to say the least. I have to give myself an injection 3 times a week for my MS it never dosnt hurt its just the level it stings hurts at, Hit a nerve with the needle sometime and feel the burn. I have found that warming the injection to body temp helps alot. Take it out of refridgerator 1/2 hour to an 1 hour before then under arm for 10 mins to 15 mins before, not near as big a shock that way. If my middle daughter is here ( she cant resist watching) when the auto injector snaps Ill scream for her. Ussually gets me hit.

labradigger1
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Glad the migraines have let up some. Speaking of Drs. Saying the needle will hurt, ever had shots between your fingers and toes? WOOOOOO-DOGGIE!

leeggen
01-29-2016, 09:41 PM
The only good thing about a migrain is when it is gone. Hope the new treatment works.
CD

jmort
01-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Good to hear you are on the mend.

castalott
01-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Welcome Home....

lightman
01-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Hope things get better for you. Nope, shots are not fun.

FISH4BUGS
01-30-2016, 07:58 AM
My SO gets migraines. Man, you have my sympathy. They are simply God awful. She throws up, has to be in a dark room with no noise, etc.
It is interesting that with all the modern medical miracles that we all benefit from, what causes a migraine and what they actually are is still a mystery.

jonp
01-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Glad to hear you are getting better. My wife has migraines on occasion and about the only thing she can do is lie in a dark, quiet room until it goes away. I'm glad I've never suffered from headaches except a few hangover induced ones which are pretty miserable.

Can you explain in your own words what a "trauma induced migraine" is and how it differs from a standard migraine?

Ole Joe Clarke
01-30-2016, 09:38 AM
Getting shots that don't hurt is kinda like "minor surgery." Minor surgery only happens if it happens to someone else.

MrWolf
01-30-2016, 10:26 AM
I hate migraines. Luckily mine have cut back some but yea, dark room, no noise, and a cold compress on your forehead. My migraines usually last three days. I gave up once and went in for the shots as I couldn't take it anymore. Hope the treatment works for you. I did find that staying hydrated helped a lot; water not beer :wink:

Fishman
01-30-2016, 11:46 AM
I hope the medicine is effective for you and that they let you keep taking it if it works.

smokeywolf
01-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Don't get them often, but often enough not to forget that even a good dose of caffeine and an 800 milligram ibuprofen sometimes doesn't even come close to taking the edge off.

Hickok
01-30-2016, 01:52 PM
John, hope you find continual improvement. Those migraines are hateful.

osteodoc08
01-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Glad you're feeling better. Prayers for continual improvement