PDA

View Full Version : Herself is in the Hospital

StrawHat
01-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Life threw us a curveball. Herself was not feeling well and we tried to fight it at home. Long story short, pneumonia is not a fair fighter. She was admitted on Wednesday evening . That night all hell broke loose and I was called into the hospital at 4am. Things settled down but it is not easy. I am not helpless in many situations but I really am at a loss here. All I can do is comfort her and try to get her to comply with the MDs.

Please, keep her in your thoughts.

Thank you.

Kevin

Jtarm
01-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Prayin for ya straw.

Hang in there!

bandsmoyer
01-29-2016, 05:15 PM
We're with you.

jmort
01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Praying for your wife and for you.

Bullfrog
01-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Kevin I pray for healing and comfort for you both. I pray for the doctors wisdom and that you both will be restored again.

castalott
01-29-2016, 10:11 PM
Sincere Prayers for Health, Healing, Mercy, and Faith..

Blackwater
01-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Pneumonia really is a treacherous and serious thing. I've had it twice, and it warn't no fun a'tall! It's more serious than just giving them antibiotics, and there are multiple kinds - viral and pneumocochal, I believe it is (?). Within those two divisions, there are many types, and of course the viral kind is always "evolving" and creating new strains. Good docs help a lot, and a good many people get it, so most docs know the routine, and what to look for. Each different type calls for different meds, and the trick is figuring out which one she has. Once that's done, it's a lot easier to treat and better dealt with.

Prayers for both of you.

jcren
01-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery

w5pv
01-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Praying for your wife and your family.

jumbeaux
01-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Prayers for complete healing

MrWolf
01-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Prayers for your wife and family, it will be ok.

Dframe
01-30-2016, 02:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and herself Kevin. I have very personal experience with pneumonia and a loved one.

edler7
01-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Prayers for you and herself. I hope the hospital stay is short and her recovery is full.

Boaz
01-30-2016, 07:40 PM
She is in my thoughts and prayer forthcoming .

buckwheatpaul
01-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Dear Heavenly Father please hear my prayer for Kevin's wife. She is extremeliy sick. Would You please take her into your hands and heal her through the skills of the physicians and nurses that are working toward her healing. Please guide them and wrap your loving arms around Kevin and his wife....in Your Name all is possible and I give You all the praise! Amen

StrawHat
01-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Okay, back from the hospital for the night. Each day Herself has shown some improvement but today, she turned the corner. When I got there at 7:30am, she was awake, had color in her face and was talkative. Later, about 9:30, she told me to go home and take care of the dogs. I mentioned they get fed at noon and it is only a 20 minute drive. Let them out to run, they been cooped up a lot. Okay, now see is thinking more clearly. Her speech is better, she had lost her voice last week sometime, and easier to understand. I came back at 1pm and she asked for my phone to call our daughter, texted her actually. (Like I haven't been keeping the kid posted!) So, things are beginning to come around.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

USMC87
01-30-2016, 11:01 PM
Prayers for your wife and yourself in this difficult time of sickness.

WILCO
01-31-2016, 05:48 PM
things are beginning to come around.

Wonderful!

http://www.imagesbuddy.com/images/51/2013/06/get-well-soon-smileys-graphic.jpg

Blackwater
01-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the update, Kevin. And praise be to God, and to you and her for your faith.

StrawHat
02-01-2016, 06:49 AM
Yesterday, Herself as moved from ICU to a regular room. One step closer to coming home!

Again, your thoughts, prayers and good wishes are very much appreciated.

Kevin

iomskp
02-01-2016, 07:27 AM
I have had the misfortune of having it three times, once as a child and twice in my fifties, best wishes and a speedy recovery.

USMC87
02-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Thank GOD for answered prayer, Keep your eyes on things above.

StrawHat
02-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Got to bring her home yesterday! She was tired but enjoyed a supper of french toast and then a long nap. Hopefully it is a restful sleep as she got little of that in the hospital.

Again, for all the prayers and good wishes, a sincere thank you.

Kevin

Blackwater
02-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the update. Prayers and best wishes continue.

Boaz
02-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Good deal ! Thank you for asking for prayer ! Hope she recovers quickly .

StrawHat
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Wednesday, February 24, I had to readmit Herself to the hospital. Initial cause was thought to be a recurrence of the pneumonia but a day of testing only shows it is not pneumonia.

If you have any spots open on your prayer lists, it would be appreciated.

Kevin

Boaz
02-25-2016, 10:58 PM
GOD please help Straw Hats wife and give them both your strength . Please help them Lord , stand with them . Provide the medical staff with wisdom of how to help her. Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Boaz
02-27-2016, 02:12 PM
StrawHat how is she doing ? Better I hope .

StrawHat
02-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Hi All,

I just got back from the hospital, 11:00pm local time. Dogs are fed and so am I. They took her off supplemental oxygen and she is doing well just on room air. They drained over a litre of fluid from around her right lung. This allowed that lung to properly expand and it removed the pressure on the other organs in that area. Still not much of an appetite but I put that on the morphine they gave her the first day. Hopefully, she will be home the first part of the week but I would rather pay a couple of days and know what went wrong.

Thanks for asking.

Kevin

Boaz
02-28-2016, 06:47 AM
Thanks for getting back Straw Hat . Still praying for both of you . I'm glad things up looking up and she will be home soon .

rl69
02-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Good news

Wayne Smith
03-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Still praying until you let us know she's better. I've been there many times, not hospitalized but have had pneumonia at least 6 times in my life.

StrawHat
03-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Okay, I have been busy and unable to share what is going on. The end of last week, things were looking up. Sunday, I had a work event scheduled and went in early to visit. Herself was "off". I could not get a line on it but called the RN and explained what I had observed and I thought maybe a stroke. He quickly assessed the situation and did the basic stroke test, face, speech, grip. She checked okay but something clicked and he got a machine to do a blood sugar test. Her number was 28, which is pretty low I am told. I cancel my event and stick around to help get her to drink a quart of orange juice. Now they are trying to figure out what is causing the sugar to drop, aside from not eating or drinking. We get through that day and night and Monday is test day, all kinds of glandular tests are run and most of it can be done with blood samples.

Today, I got to speak with the Endocrinologist. I had thought thy were looking at the thyroid and pituitary glands. They were but it turns out the adrenal glands got fried during the first visit when she went into septic shock. They propose treatment with steroids. Today she is better but still not the Herself I am used to seeing. Apparently this is going to be a while until corrected. Tomorrow, I will see the MDs again and see what they are thinking.

This is easily the roughest patch in my life, and I have had some rough ones. I appreciate each of your comments, thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate that I can "talk" to someone and know they are listening. Thank you all for helping me, us, through this.

Kevin

jmort
03-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Will keep praying Brother

trys357
03-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Prayers continue ...

StrawHat
03-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Update: Herself was discharged from the hospital last Wednesday. It seems they have a grasp on the problem. The treatment for the adrenal glands is working and Herself is indeed back to being herself. Her appetite, sense of humor and mobility have all returned to the level they were prior to January.

Thank you all for you prayers, thoughts and comments.

Kevin

Boaz
03-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Good news ! Thank you Straw Hat for the update and prayer will be continued .

buckwheatpaul
03-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Straw Hat sounds like your good wife has turned the corner....Paise the Lord. Will keep praying for her and your take care of her and keep us posted please....Paul

Boaz
03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Please help Straw Hat and his wife Lord with your presence and healing . Thank you for the intervention you have already provided. Be close to them during their time of need . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Boaz
03-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Lord please continue to aid Straw Hat's wife in her recovery . Help her get back to normal . Be with them both and provide them comfort . In Jesus name I pray. Amen

StrawHat
11-26-2018, 09:45 AM

All is going well. Herself’s health is good and she is taking great care of her and me. The occasional cold etc but nothing big.

She is also running the business end of the company much better than I ever could have done. For example, our schedule is complete for 2019 but as we get invitations to events she will rework it to accommodate the ones we want to attend.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. I thought it appropriate to let you know what was happening.

Kevin

Boaz
11-26-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm glad to hear she is better ! Thank you for letting us know Kevin .

Goatwhiskers
11-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Got in on this late and immediately set in to praying, then read the rest of the thread. Gotta say that it's a ray of sunshine in my life to read of the glorious outcome of sincere prayer. The power of faith and prayer is truly awe inspiring. GW

buckwheatpaul
11-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Strawhat, Thanks for all of the updates...it is great that she is doing better! Life is good when we lean on God and He heals through our prayers and the guidance He gives the medical teams.....Have a Merry Christmas! Paul

StrawHat
12-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Not sure if I mentioned it but God sent us a grandson nearly two years ago. Herself and I attended his Baptism. For Christmas this year we received a grand girl! She is 22 days old today. We came down to Atlanta to meet her. I spent a lot of time crawling on the floor with the boy, the grandgirl spent her time eating, sleeping and pooping. (Not unlike a lot of deckhands I know.)

Merry Christmas to all and health and happiness in the New Year.

Kevin

Boaz
12-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Thank you StrawHat ! Loved hearing about the kids and baptism .

Preacher Jim
12-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Prayers for complete healing and for you as you minister to her.

Pine Baron
12-27-2018, 11:01 PM
God has blessed you greatly. I'm so happy for you brother.