PDA

View Full Version : Redding modle 32 shot shell press

salpal48
01-28-2016, 06:46 PM
There are many handloaders that do not know that Redding made a line of shotshell reloaders. this one pictured is my Redding Model 32. It is a single stage , Turret operated machine. it was a simple design. , the case was stationary while the turret was manual turned . This was continued until the case was loader or each step could be used complete for each stage. . it has a round charge bar with a unique Redding bushing.
When i decided to return this for use , i was very surprised That redding still had Bushings in stock. Considering this is appox 50 years old. I proceeded to order all the # they had in stock. I would like to Thank the Tech dept. for there time spent with me looking for bushings The machine has a small footprint on a loading bench.
it uses shell holders . and i also have extra turrets, complete with dies. 20 gage, 28 gage, 410 gage
. All work in the same way
They only one I.m missing is a 16 gage
even it as a single stage . One can load 200- 300 in a few hours. . all have a 6 point crimp but is able to Load paper as well as plastic. . i have loaded 12's with Fiber wads.
There is also a spent primer device @ the base of the shell holder .but that has never worked well
Thanks for looking

Mike Kerr
01-29-2016, 03:09 AM
Just yesterday you posted about the Pacific/Deitemeyer. Now the Redding. You really were into shotshell reloading back in the day. I still have our old Herter No 3 which Dad used to reload shot shells with single stage style back about 45 + years ago. I maybe have a few Texan parts and pieces but nearly all of my reloading since the 60's has been metallic - using older Lee stuff then transitioning to Dillons a couple of Decades back. I did get a MEC sizemaster in 410 in anticipation of Grandkids reloading needs but they outgrew the 410s for 20's and 12s which seem less than cost effective for limited shot gun needs these days (I can find 12ga. ammo cheaper than I can reload it) . BUT I dearly love the photos of the old stuff and back then shotgun reloading made more sense to me. Thanks for your posts.

flashhole
01-29-2016, 10:12 PM
That looks like a really well made loader. Thanks for sharing.

seagiant
01-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Hi,
I'd buy one!

I have yet to see ANYTHING, made by Redding that wasn't top notch!!!

fecmech
01-30-2016, 03:43 PM
As long as we are going down memory lane, here is what I started with back in the 60's. This is the Redding Model 16 and I have 12,20,and .410 dies and bushings for it. Great little press. I've loaded 1000's of rounds on it and still use it occasionaly to clear a screwup on my Grabber. Shown with it the instruction and parts sheet along with I believe is the Lyman 3rd addition shotshell book. The press is mounted on plywood which when I used it was "C" clamped to a folding chair. I put the whole shebang on a beach towel( to catch primers and shot) and put it in front of my chair in the living room. I would put my foot on the folding chair to hold it and load while watching TV in the evenings after work.

flashhole
01-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Very nice. Probably brings back lots of memories of the times.

troyboy
01-30-2016, 04:09 PM
I would love to have one of those. Had no idea Redding produced a press to reload shot shells. Thanks

Kentucky
07-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Hello all,

I run searches from time to time on the Redding Model 32 to look for the 410 set up. That's how I got here.

I purchased an unused Redding 32 with the 12 and 20 gauge set up. It has different crimps for each. I purchased it about 5 years ago for 200. It came from an old gun shop that the guy was retiring and selling out. I unwrapped things to see how it went together and then packed it back up. I thought the 410 setup would be easier to find. I should hae just bought a press for 410s and been done with it. This thing is built tough. I really like it but don't have time or need for 12/20's.

Again, it has never been used and looks brand new.

Id be willing to part with it for what I have in it. I'll unpack it and take pictures if any of you are interested.

Maybe trade for a equal valued 410 press.

CharlieThompson@gmail.com

Taylor
07-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Kentucky,were are you located? In Kentucky.

Ole Joe Clarke
07-22-2016, 11:18 AM
You guys are digging up memories again. I love it. Great photos

Have a blessed day,

Leon

pinfireman
09-05-2020, 08:14 AM
I know this is an old thread, but very informative! I have a Redding 32 in 12g, a Redding 16 in 12g, and a Redding 16 in 12g that lacks a couple of parts. They are great little loaders, very tough and well made. I also have a Redding 16 that is totally different, it is a rusty red in colour, and has a square charge bar.

salpal48
09-05-2020, 09:57 AM
Again , When I originally posted this, Redding did have Some turret complete left in stock. I asked about 16 gage because that was missing in my set. But no luck on the 16

pinfireman
02-07-2021, 11:51 AM
I just tried Reddiong, as I need bushings, but they came back to tell me they no longer have any parts for these machines. So its off to the local machine shop, to get some made.