PDA

View Full Version : n.e.i. - recutting of mould blocks

wmitty
04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
While checking out N.E.I.'s website I saw where they offer recutting of used mold blocks. Could someone explain what this means?

Thanks, David

targetshootr
04-24-2008, 10:58 PM
If you want to go to a larger boolit they will recut your mold which is cheaper than buying a new one. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about it.

madcaster
04-24-2008, 11:08 PM
About 3 years ago I sent them a 4 cavity .44 SWC with GC shank,asked them to remove the gas check,which they did with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever.
They just asked if I had bought the mould from them,because it looked new,which I had bought it secondhanded,so they possibly thought an order number was wrong and that I was griping-I told them I was NOT griping,it was a secondhanded mould,and that cleared that up.
They make GREAT moulds and have a good selection.
Just my 2 cents worth,and maybe not that valueable!:mrgreen:
Jeff

beagle
04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Do they only recut NEI moulds and what cost did they quote you? I'm interested in this?/beagle

If you want to go to a larger boolit they will recut your mold which is cheaper than buying a new one. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about it.

targetshootr
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
To recut two or three cavities he said, "It can but they need to be over .050 larger diamter and longer bullets. It is at your risk. $35.00", but you should call or email them rather than take anyones word for it. It's doubtful they'd do work on anyone elses molds.

Scrounger
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I talked to them about it some time ago. They will only cut Lyman or SAECO Iron molds, and they will only cut them to their (NEI) bullet designs.

beagle
04-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Well hell, that's a pretty good deal. I may have to try that./beagle

Nueces
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it's a good deal. I've got a handful of old Lyman blocks - used to get 'em a shows for under a buck each, thinking I'd recut 'em 'sometime.' They're not scrap anymore.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Mark