PDA

View Full Version : success on the first try!

jimb16
01-27-2016, 04:53 PM
I spent most of last evening reading the stickies. I'm glad I did. While I'm not new to casting (40+ years) I am new to pc'ing. I got a bottle of HF red to try out. The powder didn't seem to want to stick hand swirling the boolits so I tried the tumbler method. 4 minutes later I had near 100% coverage. I tried placing the boolits on the rack using fine tip needle nose pliers, but that just seemed too slow, so I tried the nitrile gloves. Perfect! 20 minutes at 400 degrees and they came out better than I could have hoped for. Almost every one had near 100% coverage. Thank you guys for writing such good directions. I could have spent weeks experimenting and not ended up with such great results. Oh yeah....black ASBBs and Rubbermaid #5 screw on lids.....

Walter Laich
01-27-2016, 06:15 PM
I think BangerJim said, "It's not rocket science."

When you are ready try some of Smoke's powder of get some off the web. While HF does a good job the others out there are such a pleasure to work with.

Welcome to the club

Motor
01-27-2016, 06:39 PM
I just love it when a guy posts that he has been casting for years (holy cow 40 !!!) and says he's trying PC. :) I mean its AWESOME !!!

I ain't no spring chicken myself and kinda shook my head for a while at the PC thing but when shake and bake came along I just couldn't resist either. I already had everything needed except non stick foil and the PC. Now I'm hooked !!!!

Now I find myself shaking my head every time I see all those bottles of A-Lox sitting on the shelf. [smilie=l:

Motor

jimb16
01-27-2016, 06:59 PM
I started casting at the age of 21. I'm 66 now. One of these days I'll get it all figured out! I've been making my own lube for years and have a 3# coffee can full right now. I also make my own gas checks and shot. I like the idea of being as self-sufficient as possible.

GRUMPA
01-27-2016, 07:27 PM
Like the thread I created, "Well I'm Impressed" I really am. Just like the OP I dove into the stickys and read for hours. Now that I think I have the technique down I need to do a lot of casting, for a while. There's a couple of members posts I could really understand, and 1 of them was BangerJim.

After trying the ones I PC'd I was hooked, talk about a clean process with better than expected results.