PDA

View Full Version : Recent gunshow find

SWANEEDB
01-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Seen this press at a show and ended up with it, didn't need it but just caught my eye. Seems this press was only made for about 2 years, 1968/1970. Press and shipping box are in real fine condition, instructions are quite tattered but the face of it is pretty good, couldn't figure out why they called it a #10, put it on a scale and it weighs right at 10 lbs, maybe that's it. If you have anymore info on this press please post it. 159213159214159215

Rory McCanuck
01-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Does it work by bringing the die down to the case?

maxreloader
01-27-2016, 12:42 AM
This Tetco is a valuable press... Pressman and the others can tell you what you have right there. Great score! Congrats!

SWANEEDB
01-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Does it work by bringing the die down to the case?

Yes, The shell holder is stationary, tool head does the moving.

salpal48
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
I have a Tecto Powder measure , green Fleck paint. . Yes they were made a short time. Seems to be Very desirable for the collector. Never used One. powder measure bolt to bench. Ver simple measuring but does not seem accurate. mine is missing Plastic Hopper. But a Bonanza will some what fit. I think Bonanza Bought Them Out Years ago.
. great find especially with the box.
Sal

Pressman
01-31-2016, 06:35 AM
Dave, I am glad you picked up the Tecto. The design is different for sure. I would like to see what the primer device looks like, and get a copy of the instructions. When the weather and my schedule get better we'll have to have coffee again.

Sal, Tecto advertised as making reloading tools for the industry. The press never went anywhere but the powder measure did. Pacific bought a version of it using their bench mount system and their powder hopper bottle. The Bonanza Benchrest measure uses the Tecto frame only its upside down. It is likely Bonanza bought the design when Tecto folded.

many, many years ago I picked up two Tecto measure off eBay that the seller was advertising as Herter's as they have no name on them and he had bought them at the Herter's store in Minneapolis. Herter's also offered for a couple of years a large powder funnel in their catalog. It was the Tecto powder hopper. Apparently Ol' George bought the Tecto stuff as surplus and sold it under his name in the retail store.

Ken

SWANEEDB
01-31-2016, 12:00 PM
Dave, I am glad you picked up the Tecto. The design is different for sure. I would like to see what the primer device looks like, and get a copy of the instructions. When the weather and my schedule get better we'll have to have coffee again.

Sal, Tecto advertised as making reloading tools for the industry. The press never went anywhere but the powder measure did. Pacific bought a version of it using their bench mount system and their powder hopper bottle. The Bonanza Benchrest measure uses the Tecto frame only its upside down. It is likely Bonanza bought the design when Tecto folded.

many, many years ago I picked up two Tecto measure off eBay that the seller was advertising as Herter's as they have no name on them and he had bought them at the Herter's store in Minneapolis. Herter's also offered for a couple of years a large powder funnel in their catalog. It was the Tecto powder hopper. Apparently Ol' George bought the Tecto stuff as surplus and sold it under his name in the retail store.

Ken

I'll make a copy of papers that I have, will bring press too when you have the time for that 'cup', just give us a call, anytime for us is fine for the most part.
Cheers, Gus an me.

r1kk1
02-01-2016, 06:46 PM
That is so sweet!

take care

r1kk1

SWANEEDB
06-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Found a little more info on the Tecto reloading equipment. Seems the only items they had for sale was the reloading tool, powder measure, pocket loader and case lube. They did not make dies, they did make 'shell holder heads'. Press did not come with a primer 'post' was an extra cost of $0.90, shell holders $1.25. Powder measure $9.95, Pocket loader $5.95, would like to see one of those. Found this info in a 1969 Gun Digest, don't know if the same info was in the 1968 GD. Thought some may have found this of interest.

Pressman
06-17-2016, 06:27 AM
The powder measures are not uncommon. There are more floating around than anything else they made. Pacific used the powdermeasure frame as did/does currently Bonanza. Bonanza uses it upside down.
Yes, I would really like to find one of the pocket loaders also.

Just an FYI so you will know, I retired 6 weeks ago so no longer making it to Ft Dodge. May make it to the June Fairgrounds show, wife permitting.

Ken

LUBEDUDE
06-17-2016, 11:02 AM
I am surprised you got the box which looks good, not surprising about the instructions. That sure sweetens the deal. :)

Congtats!

SWANEEDB
06-17-2016, 02:16 PM
The powder measures are not uncommon. There are more floating around than anything else they made. Pacific used the powdermeasure frame as did/does currently Bonanza. Bonanza uses it upside down.
Yes, I would really like to find one of the pocket loaders also.

Just an FYI so you will know, I retired 6 weeks ago so no longer making it to Ft Dodge. May make it to the June Fairgrounds show, wife permitting.

Ken

Give us your wifes phone # and we'll get you permission to attend show.