PDA

View Full Version : How swede it is (almost)

labradigger1
01-21-2016, 04:40 PM
I have had a Cz 550 fs on order for about two weeks now. When I went to pick it up I noticed several things I didn't like.
The right side of the stock just in front of the but plate looks like a bear scratched it from the top to the bottom.
The muzzle cap per the website and supplier lists the material as steel, mine is plastic!
The stock is certainly not up to par with what most 550's come with. I'm not certain but it looks like plain walnut to me and not Turkish walnut, no figuring at all, plain, plain, plain.
And the last item is the bolt. It's like sandpaper rubbing against sandpaper. This I was expecting from reviews.

Cz is closed until Monday for the shot show so we can't get in touch with them. We did get to speak with the supplier and he assured my ffl and myself Cz would make it right. We don't know if Cz will mail me a new stock or if I will need to return it.
I am disappointed with the QC at CZ.

Now for the good.
Love the caliber,
Love the manlicher fs
Love the weight, sights and floor plate.
Has anyone else seen these issues with CZ?

wonderwolf
01-22-2016, 10:09 PM
I've been shopping for a CZ-527 in 7.62x39 for a few weeks now, probably handled about 4 of them now just to see what the "average" is between them for fit etc. This will be my 3rd CZ and I've got to say of the 4 I've handled only 1 had any figure in the stock. Like your 550 the other 3 were as plain as a 10/22 stock to be honest. I have a 550 that is dark and dances with figure, my 452 is light but still looks great. Maybe they are having trouble getting the quality of wood they've been getting. As far as the rest its sad but the popularity of their product raises demand and at that point a manufacture can choose to ramp up production and cut corners or stick with their past methods...I fear CZ has joined the dark side.