PDA

View Full Version : Once fired brass?

junkpile
01-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Anybody got a good lead for once fired brass on the cheap? I bought some in 9mm in September off of Amazon.com for around $10 per 500 (just found the receipt while cleaning my desk), but they want $25 per 500 now. Their shipping rates are pretty bad, being outside of the lower 48, I think it will basically put me at the same cost as new brass in the long run if I buy it at the current rate.

Anyway... Looking for 9x19, 38spl, 357, 45auto, 45 colt, 308, 5.56, 30-30, and 300 blk. If you've got any leads let me know.

(I'm expecting an answer that I won't like, but still trying to be optimistic.)

duckey
01-19-2016, 10:34 PM
PM tbj555, he sells onex brass from an indoor range in large 1k volumes, prices are decent.

lancem
01-20-2016, 01:47 PM
I get a lot of mine off of gunbroker.

guywitha3006
01-20-2016, 02:08 PM
PM Incoming

GRUMPA
01-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Your going to find prices ranging from mild to wild. Most of what you have labeled as I want or need falls into different categories. For things like 357mag and 45LC I'll just get those from Starline brass brand spanking new. The price for those used just aren't worth it to me to even consider. Things like 5.56 and 308 will fall into there own little niche. Most 5.56 will be Mil brass, same for 308 unless you specifically ask for commercial brass which will cost you more.

The 9mm and 45acp I get off the site in the S&S section for decent prices, just need to be patient and keep looking. Most of what I get I order in no less than 1K lot sizes, and for what I do most of the time those are considered rather small lot sizes.

Your going to find out 1 thing real quick, there wont be a single source for everything your after. They may have a real good deal on one or two things your after and that's it. Which of course has a person searching high and low for whatever else they want.

tazman
01-20-2016, 04:23 PM
I agree with GRUMPA on what you will probably find and where you may fine it.
I also recommend contacting tbj555. I have purchased quite a bit of brass from him and it has all been good.
monmouth is another one. He has a web site that has decent prices on the brass I have looked at.

junkpile
01-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Appreciate the help on this, fellas. I pm'd tbj555.

44magLeo
01-23-2016, 03:16 PM
I've gotten of fired brass from www.oncefiredbrass.com (http://www.oncefiredbrass.com) most are in 250 count bags. mixed 9 mm is $7.50, nickel plated $8.
38, 45, 223 run $15.
Not sure on the shipping cost but what I got it was reasonable.
Leo

Fishman
01-24-2016, 11:01 PM
And I will add that Grumpa, who posted in this thread, is the best source I've found for .300 blackout brass. He converts lc .556 brass and it is fine stuff.

FergusonTO35
01-25-2016, 03:03 PM
PM sent.

Love Life
01-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Starreloader is my main source for once fired brass. I've never been disappointed in the price, quantity, or shipping times when ordering from him.

.452dia
01-25-2016, 04:31 PM
I buy my brass new from Starline. If they don't sell the caliber I need then I go to the online sellers.

FergusonTO35
01-25-2016, 06:38 PM
I should add that for 9mm you can often buy new ammo for the same price as brass, especially when you figure in the cost of the other components.

RogerDat
01-25-2016, 07:24 PM
I should add that for 9mm you can often buy new ammo for the same price as brass, especially when you figure in the cost of the other components. There have been a few times when I have found a good deal on ammo to be a better deal than buying the brass. Getting loaded ammo with good brass for a penny or two more per round than brass and primer. Don't know if I have seen that for 9mm but have for 7.62 or 303 Brit in the recent past. Freedom Munitions can be one source. Especially since they sell reman ammo.

Sometimes shopping all over the place makes little sense, you save on price per case but get eaten alive by shipping. It might work to contact one seller and see if they can offer you a better price if you stock up on several calibers. Does the USPS charge extra for Alaska? I thought the flat rate box was a flat price anywhere in the country.

RugerFan
01-25-2016, 07:51 PM
There have been a few times when I have found a good deal on ammo to be a better deal than buying the brass. Getting loaded ammo with good brass for a penny or two more per round than brass and primer. Don't know if I have seen that for 9mm but have for 7.62 or 303 Brit in the recent past. Freedom Munitions can be one source. Especially since they sell reman ammo.

Sometimes shopping all over the place makes little sense, you save on price per case but get eaten alive by shipping. It might work to contact one seller and see if they can offer you a better price if you stock up on several calibers. Does the USPS charge extra for Alaska? I thought the flat rate box was a flat price anywhere in the country.

Yes, flat rate boxes cost the same for Alaska.

clum553946
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM
tbj555 has 9mm for $18/1000 at present. Doesn't get much better than that!

RogerDat
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Yes, flat rate boxes cost the same for Alaska. That makes buying from S&S here a clear advantage. People here can ship USPS flat rate boxes. I would post in Swapping and Selling under Wanted to Buy sub forum or contact the leads provided here. Especially see what they can bundle to make shipping efficient. I'm thinking 9mm at price quoted per 1000 is much better than you were getting per 500.

When I said loaded ammo at a price that was only a little more than brass I should have been clearer. Some places charge an awful lot for brass as compared to good deals on loaded ammo that are sometimes available. One can pay .58 each for 50 new brass in 7.62x39 or buy brass, boxer primed Russian Elite ammo at .50 each in 180 round range pack. Hmmm ammo I can shoot and reload for 8 cents less than new brass? You can spend the least buying from members here has been my experience. In rare cases there will be different option that will be better deal elsewhere.