PDA

View Full Version : Petition against Gun Executive Order

Bonz
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Someone started a petition at whitehouse.gov against the new executive order against guns.

Doesn't appear that anyone knows about it, so its not getting the 100,000 votes it needs by Feb 05, 2016

You can read and sign the petition by clicking on the following link :

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/block-president-obama-using-executive-order-bypass-congress-any-and-all-new-gun-laws

JSnover
01-19-2016, 04:40 PM
I'd have to look for it, but within the last two days a congressman from down south initiated a motion to to censure Obama over this. I'm sure Paul Ryan will put a stop to it, but it still made me smile.

JSnover
01-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Here ya go: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/01/07/executive-actions-on-gun-control-brings-censure-resolution-for-president-obama-n2101109

Elkins45
01-19-2016, 11:51 PM
There was no new executive order against guns. Just noise.

Artful
01-20-2016, 02:31 AM
Wow, it went from 414 to 420 signatures - guess all on this board agree with Obama wanting write laws with his pen.

freebullet
01-20-2016, 02:45 AM
Wow, it went from 414 to 420 signatures - guess all on this board agree with Obama wanting write laws with his pen.

Na, it's just that people are wondering what non due process subjected lists that would get you on. I don't really believe it would make any difference anyway. He doesn't care about the law, Freedom loving Americans, the constitution, & many other things we do so, signing up on the list seems like a possibly dangerous waste of time.
In zeros eye if 100k sign that it just means there are to many guns out there & he needs to do more e.a. to curb us terrorists efforts.
I wouldn't even click the link but, do appreciate being made aware of it. Call me disconnected or whatever.

marlin39a
01-20-2016, 08:39 AM
I added my vote.

USMC87
01-20-2016, 09:00 AM
I added my name to the list.

WILCO
01-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Doesn't appear that anyone knows about it, so its not getting the 100,000 votes it needs by Feb 05, 2016

Waste of time and not necessary. The American people should know better than to participate in this type of Gibberish.

WILCO
01-20-2016, 12:23 PM
No offense Bonz. I just don't agree with it, but I enjoy your posts. Keep them coming.

w5pv
01-20-2016, 02:01 PM
GET OFF YOUR REAR,sign the petition,the more signatures that is on the petition wether it an excutive order or not may just head it off before he can issue an excutive order.

montana_charlie
01-20-2016, 02:12 PM
I won't do anything that resembles 'logging on' to any dot gov webpage, and I won't provide the personal information the page asks for.

aspangler
01-20-2016, 03:06 PM
99% of what was in that "order" was proposals and were already in the laws. I checked each one out in my copy they sent me when I got my C&R license.

dragon813gt
01-20-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm sure I'm on a bunch of lists already. But the WH petitions are a waste of time. This one could have 300 million signatures and they would ignore it. It doesn't fit their agenda.

JSnover
01-20-2016, 04:06 PM
The Community Organizer in Chief is only interested in petitions from the communities he organizes. We already know what he thinks of our community.

vzerone
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Well....if Trump wins and hold true to his word, he's going to undo all of Obama's executive orders.

Char-Gar
01-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Sign the petition? Oh yea, that will do a lot of good!

Down South
01-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Too bad they require my email address. I get too much junk email now from giving my email address to the wrong people. Once it gets sold, it keeps getting resold.

montana_charlie
01-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Too bad they require my email address. I get too much junk email now from giving my email address to the wrong people. Once it gets sold, it keeps getting resold.
Do you want a good throwaway email address?
Go to Mailinator (dot) com and establish an inbox for yourself.
It can be anything you choose, and should be something you can easily remember.

In your case, mayby 'south' would be a possibility, and your new throwaway would be south(at)mailinator(dot)com

You will never receive any email from the inbox, but you can go to Mailinator to see if anything has come in.
It works well for those sites that ask for an address so they can send you a 'confirmation' email for you to click on.

You have to check the site to catch that confirmation and click on it ... before the message gets automatically deleted.
When I look at my inbox, nothing there is more than a few hours old.

I mostly use it when answering poll and survey questions that also want an email address to prove it is from a unique individual.

Down South
01-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Do you want a good throwaway email address?
Go to Mailinator (dot) com and establish an inbox for yourself.
It can be anything you choose, and should be something you can easily remember.

In your case, mayby 'south' would be a possibility, and your new throwaway would be south(at)mailinator(dot)com

You will never receive any email from the inbox, but you can go to Mailinator to see if anything has come in.
It works well for those sites that ask for an address so they can send you a 'confirmation' email for you to click on.

You have to check the site to catch that confirmation and click on it ... before the message gets automatically deleted.
When I look at my inbox, nothing there is more than a few hours old.

I mostly use it when answering poll and survey questions that also want an email address to prove it is from a unique individual.
Good advice. I'll take it.

retread
01-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Well....if Trump wins and hold true to his word, he's going to undo all of Obama's executive orders.

What you failed to add was that he would get rid of Obamas but would issue his own "good executive orders". That will not turn out well. What should happen is a censure of any President that oversteps his authority as outlined in the constitution.

mortre
01-22-2016, 01:28 AM
Frankly I doubt a censure or the petition would have any effect, might as yell at a stone. Neither Obama, or the stone, will even notice.

Elkins45
01-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Can someone please point me to a link with the text of Obama's new executive orders?

Hint: no they can't, because there were none.

JSnover
01-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Can someone please point me to a link with the text of Obama's new executive orders?

Hint: no they can't, because there were none.

I'm starting think it was a feint, just to gage reactions. I'm sure he'd like to do it but first he'd like to get an estimate of any political fallout.

Elkins45
01-22-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm starting think it was a feint, just to gage reactions. I'm sure he'd like to do it but first he'd like to get an estimate of any political fallout.

What he would like is irrelevant. He cannot impose any further restrictions by executive order. He wold have done so already were it legally permissible.

Down South
01-22-2016, 08:25 PM
What he would like is irrelevant. He cannot impose any further restrictions by executive order. He wold have done so already were it legally permissible.
He has already did a lot that was not legally permissible. But so has Hillary but who is stopping them?

Elkins45
01-22-2016, 11:16 PM
He has already did a lot that was not legally permissible. But so has Hillary but who is stopping them?

A lot? What besides executive amnesty, which is still under jeopardy of a court challenge?

JSnover
01-24-2016, 06:18 PM
And if that's true (and if he knows it) then why else would he float this balloon unless he's gaging reactions? Either the DNC is testing the waters for his successor or they want to know how many seats it would cost them to implement new gun laws in any manner.

Elkins45
01-24-2016, 08:15 PM
And if that's true (and if he knows it) then why else would he float this balloon unless he's gaging reactions? Either the DNC is testing the waters for his successor or they want to know how many seats it would cost them to implement new gun laws in any manner.

Playing to the base. People who don't read past the headlines lap this stuff up.

JSnover
01-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Playing to the base. People who don't read past the headlines lap this stuff up.
That's a possibility. Maybe trying to keep it hot for the next administration if the DNC manages to win.