PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Cartridge Counter

Expat74
01-19-2016, 04:18 AM
Hello, for those who have this device, can someone please post a picture on how it's mounted to your press? I suspect I am missing some parts since I bought it used and can't find any info. I have the basic unit only. There should be some sort of link between the counter actuator and the powder measure, right?

RCBS has the mounting instructions on their website under the foreign material instructions, but even if you speak German, it does not make a lot of sense.

Thanks!!

Expat74
01-25-2016, 03:02 AM
No one??!! OK it's kinda vintage, but still..

cheese1566
01-25-2016, 10:38 AM
I will see if I can dig mine out tonight, if it is accessible. Unsure if I packaged it with my ammomaster for long term storage.

If if I forget, send me a pm message.

cheese1566
01-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Here it is.
Unsure exact placement of the arm, but the powder measure adjustment stem actuates it on the last part of the return.

I found it worked great on my ammomaster progressive using the original pendulum style linkage. I took it off when I upgraded it to the modern case activated style unit. Wouldn't work, as this counter needs to be stationery like the measure was designed on the original presses.

Expat74
01-26-2016, 02:54 AM
Thank you Sir :) I will try on mine and see if I can make it work. The powder measure sits pretty high so I'm not sure whether I will succeed. The arm can be angled as needed as far as I understand.

cheese1566
01-26-2016, 10:16 AM
I threw it on my piggyback to show the mounting and where the arm goes. (It should have a different arm on the powder measure if you have the older auto linkage. I use this press manually since it was made before that system.) plus, there should be a long return spring that wraps around the measure adjustment to the small hole on the baseplate between the mounting nuts.