PDA

View Full Version : First time PC with Craftsman and HF powder

imacbo
01-17-2016, 11:07 PM
I did my first PC today with HF black and red. The red seemed to go on thicker faster but I like the black better. The red just looks too much like lipstick. Coated 200g Lee 45 Colt to use for CAS.

Beagle333
01-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Very nice!

imacbo
01-17-2016, 11:13 PM
Thanks it was super easy to do after reading a few of the pages on here. The Craftsman gun worked great just a little messy. I have about 500 more that I just cant wait to coat.

bangerjim
01-17-2016, 11:55 PM
I have the HF and Amazon (craftsman-like) guns and love them. I try to avoid the HF red on boolits that look like lipstick! 45LC's are very bad at that with a 200gn RN or RF.

Mix your red with black and get Bing Cherry semigloss! Looks great. That is what I use on those ones. Or many other colors. Mixes of red/blue/yellow in the right combos will yield any color of the color wheel.

Any ESPC gun will blow powder around. I always do it outside. You can dial the air up & down on the HF gun, but I have found the self-contained one needs to run full blast most of the time.

Have fun!

bangerjim

imacbo
01-18-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah I might try mixing the black and red to see what that looks like. Mine is the ebay craftsman like and it seems to work pretty good for my needs. I would not recommend it if someone did this for more than a hobby.