PDA

View Full Version : Need gunsmith DFW or East TX area

LIMPINGJ
01-16-2016, 11:53 AM
I need to have 5 lever action rifles d&t for receiver sights. I have over the years found the old steel Lyman sights for these Browning rifles and just need to get them mounted. With the price of these Browning reproductions I really want the job done correctly. Can anyone recommend a smith and not just an AR15 parts changer who you would trust with your rifle? I don't mind driving 2 to 3 hours to deliver them. I am about an hour East of Dallas.
Thanks

popper
01-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Goodsteel (PM him) is north of Little Rock. I've tried a few in the DFW area, none were good. I'm sure there are some great ones in Tx but are really hard to find. Biggest problem I've found is work like that is usually 'subbed' to the apprentice. I have heard of a good one in Princeton area, don't remember his name. Gunmasters in Plano has a pretty knowledgeable staff (972) 423-0121, but turned down a job I had - they knew they couldn't do it.

w5pv
01-16-2016, 02:45 PM
I have heard nothing but good about Goodsteel.I haven'y used him but from the recomenditions that I have saw he would get my bussiness without a second thought.

marlin1889
01-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Lee koenig at bakes smoking gun,in terrell,on tej
as road

buckwheatpaul
01-23-2016, 07:52 AM
McClennands Gun Shop, in Dallas.....close to NW Hwy and Barnes Bridge Rd. is a good one....

Also, Village Pawn in Sulphur Springs has a good gun smith available....very good bunch of guys.....

pietro
01-23-2016, 06:44 PM

One of the USA's best lever gun smith is in E.Texas - www/stevesgunz.com

I've long known Steve (aka: Nate "Kiowa" Jones ) to be an honest, trust-worthy man - and nobody should have any qualms, doing business with him.

Steve's Gunz
205 Antler Lane
Lampasas, TX 76550
512 564-1015steve@stevesgunz.com