PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Lyman Mag 25

AbitNutz
01-16-2016, 08:31 AM
So it seems I always need some sort of alloy mix that isn't in my pot. I shoot black powder, pistol and rifle. I cut my linotype stash differently between rifle and pistol. I have actually learned that you can make a lead bullet too hard for its intended purpose. Man I hate draining and cleaning pots out. There's always the danger I'm going to get crud in the valve and it's going to get stuck open. I did that once with disastrous results. It ended up taking a journey across the country to visit RCBS.

I've always been an RCBS Pro-Melt guy and was ready to just buy a second one when I saw the price....whoa! I guess the price has risen a bit since I bought mine 25 years ago. Lets rethink cleaning the old one out again.

(Please continue reading for ridiculous rationalization)
Then I saw that Brownells has a small sale on the Lyman Mag 25. I also had a $20 off coupon and I was an edge member so I had free shipping. I already had a Savage ejector retaining pin in my cart ($2.99). So it was completely reasonable to add the Lyman Mag 25. Heck...it was almost free after all that! Righ?, Right?

So I added the $272.00 retail...$241 on sale... -$20 +free shipping Mag 25 to the $2.99 retaining pin and pulled the trigger...so to speak.

The Mag 25 seems to be getting good reviews, is a bit bigger than a Pro-Melt, has a built in PID and is a good deal cheaper to boot. I had to do it. Don't you see? I had to!

1_Ogre
01-16-2016, 08:51 AM
Just goes to show you that casting is an addiction lol