PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Customer Service

Bzcraig
01-15-2016, 01:27 AM
Recently I bought 14 plastic ammo boxes online that were on sale at Cabela's. One of the boxes had a tweaked lid that wouldn't stay shut. I contacted customer service via telephone and was told the box was out of stock. After telling me they were out of stock, they offered me a $5 gift certificate which I was fine with as the box was only $1.19. Two days later I got an email from them they had replaced the entire order and it was on its way! That was unexpected but appreciated.

NSB
01-15-2016, 03:08 AM
I've been dealing with Cabela's for over forty years. Almost everything I've ever bought there was fairly good quality stuff. A couple of times over the years I've had problems with merchandise and Cabela's has gone overboard to make it right. I have absolutely zero complaints with their customer service.

rondog
01-15-2016, 03:21 AM
I just wish their used gun prices were a little more reasonable.

Rick Hodges
01-15-2016, 08:51 AM

Hah! I wish all their prices were more reasonable. I still shop there but if not for bonus money and sales their prices are just too high for the quality of their goods.

marlin39a
01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
I love Cabelas. Had a girlfriend that worked for them. Life is good!

osteodoc08
01-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Used proces are a bit over the top. Other merchandise is average priced at best. I typically browse and only buy when on sale.

I did buy a Kimber Gold Match pre series II (Series 70 style) that was basically new for a little more than $700. Was pretty excited about that.

Clay M
01-17-2016, 11:04 AM
I always enjoy their Gun Library ,because I find stuff not found in a regular gun shop.

The prices are top dollar prices, so I rarely buy anything.

Cabelas is a good company, with great customer service.

I always stop in Mitchell, South Dakota when going west to fly fish.

hithard
01-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Got a call from a lawyer and while back about someone suing them.seems someone didn't like not being told the call would be recorded. I had to laugh as the guy called cabelas and invited himself into their business and is now but hurt...because he felt they should have told him when he called it would be recorded. What ? You couldn't ask if it was a concern, you called them your an idiot.

TXGunNut
01-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Can't speak to the other Cabelas stores but the used gun prices at the one I shop are negotiable. I've learned their pricing strategy and can usually get a good deal on something I want. I generally stay away from the high end stuff and the guns that they've apparently put too much into. I buy much of my clothing there because I've found their brand is higher quality than most and it's often on sale. Other merchandise seems fairly priced but sometimes I can find the same item for a bit less elsewhere.
Headed down there today to pick up my new cooler, had a good deal on it so pulled the trigger even though I won't be needing it for awhile.