PDA

View Full Version : A sad tale

Markbo
01-13-2016, 09:57 PM
I am in shock. I am shaking. I am sick. My miniature Schnauzer...my small boy dog, 15 year old Einstein is dead. The pit bull mix we inherited from Lynda's Mom killed him. Broke his neck. They were all outside after dinner. I heard Maggie barking like crazy and went to see what was up. I saw Khloe standing over Einstein and came running. So I didnt witness it until it was over but held him as he took his last gasping breaths telling him how much I loved him and how sorry I am. I just finished burying him. He has been my faithful loving companion since he was a 6 week old pup. I will see him one day over the Rainbow Bridge.
I will never set eyes on Khloe again. Michael was kind enough to take her before I had 2 dogs to bury. I wont beat her but I could easily kill her. Keep me in your prayers. I am sure I will be ... I dont know what Ill be. Probably just sad. Heart breakingly sad.

Blammer
01-13-2016, 10:19 PM
sorry for your loss.

jcwit
01-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Man, what a sad thing to read after coming home from RICA, "Catholic Class", I truly feel sorry for you, I will say a prayer for you tonight.

God Bless!

daniel lawecki
01-13-2016, 10:35 PM
Sorry for your loss that really stinks.

Blackwater
01-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Wow! That's a tough one. I recently lost my beloved Llewellyn setter to heart worms. She was an awesome dog, and so beautiful and graceful that I never failed to marvel at how graceful and elegant she was. She had an amazing nose, and lived for the hunt. We don't have huntable populations of quail any more, but every time she went outside, she was hunting them anyway - the eternal optimist. She had a spirit as great as the outdoors itself, and was a true force of nature. It's really tough losing a dog like that. They don't call them "man's best friend" for nothing! And there's a reason dog is "God" spelled backwards, too. Nothing loves so unconditionally in this world as a good, devoted dog. And I've been extremely lucky to have had one almost all my life. "Dogs are special people," it's been said, and rightly so, I think. We're told that they don't have souls, and can't go to heaven, but I firmly believe they live on within us. I just can't imagine Heaven without dogs in it. I just can't.

Artful
01-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Oh, God - I'm so sorry to hear of this - I have no words that will help, that I know but want you to know I share your grief.

rockrat
01-14-2016, 12:08 AM
I know the pain of losing your 4 legged friends, but can't imagine what you are feeling now. I will also say a prayer for you, that the pain will ease. You are a good man for holding your emotions in somewhat check. I grieve with you, on the loss of your friend.

Markbo
01-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Einstein was always at my side. He had slowed down a lot and didnt skip along at the quite the same speed but he was always there. What makes this just a little harder is that Khloe attached to me when we got her. She became Daddy's girl. So Ive really lost 2 loved dogs. But I couldnt keep her. Im afraid how I might treat her and of course she couldnt ever be trusted again. I buried Einstein in the dark an then stormed inside to grab Khloe and tie her up outside to wait on Michael. I had a fist balled up and her by the scruff of the neck and drew my arm back... then decided rather than throw that punch and probably many more I just screamed.

parson48
01-14-2016, 04:41 PM
So sorry to hear this.

Hickok
01-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Markbo, my heart goes out to you. I truly feel for you, and offer my deepest sympathy. I have a 10 year old Yorkie who is my constant friend, so I understand your pain. Prayers for you and your family.

Tenbender
01-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Sorry my friend. I feel your pain.

JeffinNZ
01-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Sorry for your pain. I know exactly how you feel. Had to have my wee buddy Frodo cat put down last Saturday. Broke my heart.

LuckyDog
01-14-2016, 08:39 PM
So sad.
I just went and gave mine another hug.

Markbo
01-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Thank you one and all. Give your pets a good long hug. And your kids. They're all kind of the same right? ;)

LuckyDog
01-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Some days I prefer my pets. :)

jcwit
01-14-2016, 08:59 PM
That they are.

4719dave
01-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Dam..you just never know do ya ..This place is breaking my heart tonight .I'm so sorry about your best friend .You did the right thing not sure if I could have been that strong .

Down South
01-14-2016, 09:42 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have my two lap dogs now, Jake & Hanna, A miniature Scotty and a Chinese Crescent. I will be sorry and tearful the day that I loose them. I'm almost 63 now and have a pet graveyard close to my garden spot that I have buried several of my old buddies. They were more than just buddies. They were family members. I have shed tears several times making the coffins, digging the holes and doing the burials.

In no way do I want to offend you. But, I will never trust any pit or pit mix around my pets. I won't go into detail but they just can't be trusted with other pets. They can appear to be the best dog that you ever owned for a long period of time and out of nowhere a switch flips and all of a sudden tradedgy strikes. They are actually good dogs with their masters but it is something about other animals that flips the switch on rare occasion.
I'm sure that you love your pets as much or more than I do.
I'm trying to give you advice that I have learned the hard way.
As Mentioned I feel your grief. I've been there more than once.

Markbo
01-14-2016, 09:58 PM
No offense taken. You are 100% right. She got into scraps with our 2 other dogs, which are the same size +/- and we managed to break it up quick. But you are 100% right. She was always a doll baby until... click... that switch flipped and when it did... the fight was on. I am sure SOMEthing happened with Einstein that set her off. I never heard any growling or barking or a fight so I just pray it was quick.

MaryB
01-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Sorry for your loss, dogs cram more love into their short lives than most humans in their life! And understandable about having to get rid of the other dog, gad you held back because it could have made her attack you... I do not trust pits for that very reason. Sure most are are raised right and are fine but there are always a few who just flip like yours did for no reason...