PDA

View Full Version : Quinetics Powder Measure

salpal48
01-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I recently Purchased one Used. Does anyone have one .or has instructions. I was told there adjustable. But How
any response will be Helpful
Sal

JNG3
01-13-2016, 01:28 PM
It's a handy little measure. Pretty darn accurate with ball or flake powder. Not so much with extruded/stick though. I seem to remember a variance of +/- 2 tenths of a grain with stick powder. But with ball and flake the variance is basically nil. I can drop 9 out of ten charges dead on using my Dillion Eliminator scale. The 1 out of 10 that's not dead on is less than + 1 tenth of a grain. Never under the setting. It is adjustable. Has a sliding chamber. However there are no numbered settings. Just a screw you turn in or out. Does not drop large charges. It is great for pistol and small bore rifles. I like mine. Salpal48, if you pm me your real name and address I will copy my set of instructions and mail them to you.

Please see my post below. Contains corrections.

salpal48
01-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks I will do that
Sal

JNG3
01-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Correction on charge weight variance. I was at work when I wrote my post. Did not have access to my loading notes. Stick/extruded variance is +/- 1 tenth of a grain. Ball and flake can vary by approximately one half of a tenth of a grain over desired weight but not under. That's only 5 hundredths of a grain. The variance is so slight, my electronic scale cannot detect the difference but my balance beam can detect it ever so slightly.

salpal48
01-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the update
Sal

salpal48
01-14-2016, 08:43 AM
I am in the process of Getting Instructions
Thanking all who Replied
Sal