PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Pro 1000

3jimbo3
01-09-2016, 10:28 PM
I just recently set up a Pro 1000 for 223 and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a small problem. I usually deprime, clean, resize, and trim my cases. Now with the progressive press the first station is deprime and resize, so my question is do you guys that have these presses, how do you do it? Also, what do you use for case lube in the case feeder? Just wondering

turtlezx
01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
forget the trimming clean 1st and run them thru on auto
other wise you would need to pull them off the press part way to do other steps

most any case lube will work in the feed tubes

turtlezx
01-09-2016, 11:02 PM
if cast boolits what about flairing ?? j s would be ok this way

abunaitoo
01-14-2016, 11:18 PM
I load .223 on my Lee 1000.
I prep my cases before running them in the press.
Clean, trim, prime.
The priming system on the Lee will only give you problems.
Load only jacket bullets, so no need to flair the neck.
I have the old three hole press.
First hole has the size die, but I back it out so it just aligns the shell.
Tried it without the die and sometimes the shell would fall out of the base plate.
Since I don't size, no need to lube.
Second hole is to drop powder only.
Third hole to seat bullet.
If you have a four hole press, a Lee crimp die would go in hole four.
Been doing it this way for a long time.
Also do 30 carbine.

petroid
01-15-2016, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty new to the pro100 but I had trouble with the priming system and since I seat and crimp in separate steps I decide to size and trim and prime on a single stage. Then on the pro1000 the steps are charge, seat, crimp. Much more reliable

44Vaquero
01-15-2016, 03:37 AM
If any of you are on Face Book look at joining "Lee Reloading and Casting Equipment" users group. We have over 11,000 members using Lee Reloading tools. Some members run 3 to 4 Pro-1000's or Load Masters! We even have one member that runs 5+ Load Masters!!

dikman
01-15-2016, 03:59 AM
I only do pistol calibres on mine, but the primer feed has been, shall we say, erratic! I just did a small batch yesterday and it didn't miss a beat (must have been the way I was holding my tongue :roll:). I use the stations as Lee intended, and when the priming system decides to behave itself it all works very well - but if it doesn't it's an absolute pain!!

rbuck351
01-15-2016, 12:19 PM
I run 3 Pro 1000s but I don't clean primer pockets. I have never seen it makes any difference. In order to fix the primer jammer you have to fix the powder spitter. Bits of powder that leak out of your powder thrower will end up in the primer slide and jam it up so you have to stop the powder thrower from leaking first. The plastic powder discs are not flat and need sanded flat so the wiper will work. The adjustable powder discs things are much easier to fix. There is info on fixing all the issues with the pro 1000 and usually several fixes for each issue. Mine all work pretty good now but it wasn't easy.