PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question

Don Fischer
01-09-2016, 12:40 PM
What is COWW and SOWW? I keep seeing these mentioned and suspect they are some kind of wheel weight? There a glossery of terms in here some where?

Mike W1
01-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Stick on and crimp on wheel weights

Seeker
01-09-2016, 12:49 PM
COWW= clip on wheel weight
SOWW= stick on wheel weight

No such thing as a dumb question. We all started learning someplace. You just happen to be in the right place. :)

Here is some great info on WWs:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?139839-Guide-to-Hand-Sorting-Wheel-Weights

lightman
01-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Mike and Seeker answered your question, but there are no dumb questions. Welcome to the world of wheelweights!

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-09-2016, 01:01 PM
We are continually building a FAQ forum, there is one for Acronyms.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?281138-What-do-all-the-Abbreviations-amp-Acronyms-mean

bangerjim
01-09-2016, 05:04 PM
What is COWW and SOWW? I keep seeing these mentioned and suspect they are some kind of wheel weight? There a glossery of terms in here some where?

The search engine in the white box at the upper right of the page is "your leeeeetle friend". Try it.....all will be revealed for most questions you will have.

bangerjim

leeggen
01-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Don't beleive I have ever seen a question asked that was never answerd, on here. Some of these guys may not answer directly but will lead you into the right path, you just have to be willing to read. Good luck and keep asking, you won't go wrong.
CD

fast ronnie
01-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Great people here more than willing to answer any "dumb" question as we have all started somewhere, but the stickys are a good source, too.

Don Fischer
01-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Boy is my face red! DUH! Digging around in my back room a bit ago and found a bucket full of mostly stick on's!

fast ronnie
01-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I've had a red face more than I really like to admit. I've done some really stupid things on a lathe and mill. Sometimes it works and then there's those other times...........
I've learned more that way by accident than by plan. That's just life!

mfraser264
01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
There is no dumb question and never be afraid to ask as there are others for certain wondering the same question but that are too shy to ask. Learned that from a little teaching I did.

My supervisor says the only dumb question is the one not asked!!!