PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell if I have one of Walt's NEI molds?

Bruntson
01-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Hi Gang, I'm a newbie here and just cast my first boolits this afternoon. I used 3 different molds, a 9mm lee double, a 3 cavity .45 Saeco and a 2 cavity NEI 155.358.
I'm trying to determine if I got lucky and bought one of the NEI molds Walt made.

I purchased the NEI mold off ebay as used. But I suspect the mold is new and unused. The mold looked pristine, shinny, with no marks or scratches. The box looked aged but undamaged as if it had been on a shelf for years. There also a sheet for NEI Molds-Do's and Don't plus prices to mail order NEI mold-pre $3.75, NEI flux $2.00 10X lube $1.75. The address on the box and sheet is 2516 Wyoming St, El Paso Tx. 79903.
Is this a mold that Walt made?

Buckshot
01-08-2016, 03:47 AM
.......... Anything before their El Paso address would have been a "Walt made" product.

..............Buckshot

Bruntson
01-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks Buckshot!

LynC2
01-08-2016, 10:46 AM
It sounds like you have one of Walt's early molds before he moved to Oregon and then they moved back after his death. The El Paso address is different now. Years ago I used to go there and talk to him and order molds. He used a yellow cardboard box with green lettering. I don't know what the later boxes were like.

runfiverun
01-08-2016, 12:51 PM
the thing is if the mold makes good boolis that drop free easily and have proper dimensions you have a good mold.
no matter who made it.
the boy that took over the business can make good molds, his heart just isn't in it and it shows in most of his work.